Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know, people who run red lights and cause horrible accidents say pretty much the same thing. I think you were better off stopping
at "everyone runs this stop sign, and so do I" as your justification. Just sayin'...

It wasn't really a justification... it was a rolling stop... against the law? Probably. But at least I made an effort to stop(ish) and look. Most people don't even do that. There's one stop sign at the end of our street which is a "traffic from the right does not stop" stop sign... but you wouldn't believe how blatantly people don't even make an attempt to stop there, and several times have almost caused an accident with "traffic from the right" (including me). I have a few videos of that somewhere too. I actually do stop at this and all other stop signs... but like I said, it was a rolling stop, not a "I don't care and I'm not even going to try to stop" stop like most people do do here.

Reactions: SmartElectric
This is not really an impromptu Tesla moment but:
Today I participated at one of the EV events for the National Drive Electric week. Mostly Prius plug-ins, a couple of BYD's (didn't know they were in USA)Volt's, Ford Fusion couple of others......and a fuel cell hydrogen Toyota Mirai (interesting)
The biggest hit of course were the 2 Tesla Model S's. Mine and another P85D
Answered a ton of questions, showed off the car ,was asked for test drives but declined.
( I have the car 3 weeks, i'm not giving test drives ) sorry :(
The Tesla had me talking for 6 hours straight. I am NOT that sociable :) I find myself as a salesman for Tesla like most other Tesla owners.;)
I was asked by a few people if I work for Tesla (Toyota,Ford and BYD had rep.'s there.)
I would say no this is my car and some would give me a look like "really? You seem to be selling :)
Sorry, no. Just here to show off :D

That's why after a year, I still park in the far end of the garage. Only 2 people at work found out, and I asked them not to spread it.
Waiting for my first tesla moment when I pick it up tomorrow.

Also that first time someone I know in the parking garage at the work sees me and asks what it is or any other work moments as I am not advertising it.

Don't want the "you make that much to afford that car?!??" And "we pay you too much if you are driving that"

This reminds me of the time I was exiting my S. A fellow club member smilingly said, "Wow, I really like MY Tesla". Noting the puzzled look on my face, he then said, "Well, some of my money paid for that with government subsidies, etc.. I had to bite my tongue to avoid discussing subsidies in farming, banking bailouts and ICE company bailouts.

Give it some time, and then you'll start to forget to "power off" and "lock" your ICE cars.
Actually, this is not funny. The last time we drove from FL to Chicago using the ICE minivan, we were so tired (non-stop, 18-19 hours) that after unloading and eating, we hurriedly started getting ready for bed. That's when we realized the cosmetics bag was still in the van. So I went to get it and the heat and smell in the garage with the car running for the previous 2 hours was sickening. I think we were just a few hours short of being CO victims.

Actually, this is not funny. The last time we drove from FL to Chicago using the ICE minivan, we were so tired (non-stop, 18-19 hours) that after unloading and eating, we hurriedly started getting ready for bed. That's when we realized the cosmetics bag was still in the van. So I went to get it and the heat and smell in the garage with the car running for the previous 2 hours was sickening. I think we were just a few hours short of being CO victims.
Another reason why everyone should have a CO detector.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Showed the car to my mom today. She loves fun cars and always have. Grandfather was a car mechanic and always had interesting cars. Mom was blown away. After she had driven it for a minute she said: "What is the next one going to cost?" I told her the Model 3 estimates. "I want one!" she burst out. Then she proceeded driving the car around the countryside with a spririted attitude. Fun times. :)

Showed the car to my mom today. She loves fun cars and always have. Grandfather was a car mechanic and always had interesting cars. Mom was blown away. After she had driven it for a minute she said: "What is the next one going to cost?" I told her the Model 3 estimates. "I want one!" she burst out. Then she proceeded driving the car around the countryside with a spririted attitude. Fun times. :)
I like your mom!

My parents love my S, and whenever I drive up to visit them (they're 4 hours away) they always like to sit in it and take it for a test drive.

When they heard about the 3, they put down a deposit on opening day.

I've come to the conclusion white Ss are nearly invisible. My car is pearl white and I've only had one person talk to me in a parking lot about it and a couple of people stare. All the stares were from people with sports cars or under 25. It took three weeks for any of the neighbors to notice.

My car was in the service center to have the A/C vents checked and they gave me a red 70D as a loaner. First person I encountered in a parking lot, a 70 year old woman, wanted to talk my ear off about the car.

I'm not complaining, I like flying below the radar, but I did think it was kind of funny.

I've come to the conclusion white Ss are nearly invisible. My car is pearl white and I've only had one person talk to me in a parking lot about it and a couple of people stare. All the stares were from people with sports cars or under 25. It took three weeks for any of the neighbors to notice.

My car was in the service center to have the A/C vents checked and they gave me a red 70D as a loaner. First person I encountered in a parking lot, a 70 year old woman, wanted to talk my ear off about the car.

I'm not complaining, I like flying below the radar, but I did think it was kind of funny.

Perhaps it is your location, our white 90D turns heads wherever we go. We can hardly get out of the car without the occasional Q/A session, some very brief, some quite lengthy.

My latest Tesla moments are the number of cars that are waiting to pull out of side streets and get into your traffic lane. They see you way off, especially at a stopped light, so they pull out. Before they even get into the lane you are on top of them and having to brake. And I just have a 90D and am pretty conservative on the accelerator.

Most of the time they seem to move over which I am grateful for. I just don't think the average driver has any clue how fast these cars accelerate, even when not in ludi mode.

Reactions: Cyclone