Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a kind of weird anti-Tesla Moment today. It's probably a glimpse of the future. I pulled into the post office and there was a white Model S like mine but with the panoramic roof. From the license plate it looked to be a couple of months newer than mine. It had a British flag license plate frame instead of the Zero Emissions frame that comes with the car. I pulled into the parking space next to the other S. I was kicking myself for forgetting my phone at home.

I got my mail from the PO Box and sat in the car a few minutes sorting the mail. The family came out and got in the car. Nobody even looked at my car and the driver had to turn a little to get past the mirrors on the two cars. It was kind of weird.

When I pulled in I thought it was the white one I saw last week, but that one was a pre-refresh car, otherwise the same as this one. That driver waved to me when he saw me.

A Tesla moment of my own: As of a few miles North of Knoxville TN we've put 10 megawatt hours through our car, mostly from Superchargers on two and a half cross-US trips, plus a megawatt hour or so from our roof. Thanks, Elon Musk!
IMG_20170811_143830314.jpg
IMG_20170814_165929515.jpg

Sometimes on weekends my wife lets me drive her pretty Audi TT roadster. It's not as fun as Buddy, but a really cool car. I parked the TT near our favorite Little Rock pub and came around to her side of the car. She's looking at me with a wry smile and says "dear, are you forgetting something?" I start checking my pockets, etc., for my wallet and such before I realize that her engine is still running. She didn't let me forget that the rest of the evening!

Sometimes on weekends my wife lets me drive her pretty Audi TT roadster. It's not as fun as Buddy, but a really cool car. I parked the TT near our favorite Little Rock pub and came around to her side of the car. She's looking at me with a wry smile and says "dear, are you forgetting something?" I start checking my pockets, etc., for my wallet and such before I realize that her engine is still running. She didn't let me forget that the rest of the evening!
Bt, dt. :rolleyes:

My wife took the MS to Visalia this morning to visit some family, she stopped at the Tejon Ranch Supercharger, I set it to charge to 100%, it hit about 254 miles and she texts me: its at 254 miles, is it ready? me: No, it should hit around 260 miles, every drop counts!!! Then she replies: No honey, every volt counts!!!! LoL

I know you posted this a while ago, but I just finished reading this entire thread. It should really be "every Joule counts!" :p

• Funny
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
A tesla moment to add. First, I have a S 60D, so not exactly a P85D or anything, but 0-60 in 5.2.

I texted one of my past clients that I could stop by and show them the tesla as she referred me to a couple other clients and they've been in the tesla already. So I head over to their house and she has a family gathering in the back yard. There were around 15 to 20 people there. I first decided to check out this couple's Chevy Chevelle and it's super cool, and the husband loves working on it. Gearhead type.

So the couple gets in the car and I tell them about various aspects. Turns out she just bought a volt so EV is not necessarily new to them. I restrain from flooring it until the freeway entrance ramp. I asked if they were ready. Yes.
"Are you kidding me? I wasn't expecting that!"

Anyway, he is now a convert.

When we get back, the rest of the family comes out to see the car. One of the fellows is looking under the car and saying that "well, how does it do in the snow, there is only 4" under there." I say, well, you can just raise the car with the air suspension.

Also they remark about how there is nothing under the car, completely smooth. Nothing to work on.

We end up talking for half an hour out front.

One of my employees is married to our IT guy. The other day I happened to be leaving at the same time as they were, so we were in the elevator together. I had my phone out, texting a friend. The IT guy says in a sarcastic tone, "what cha doin, turning on the AC in your car?" I look up and say, "No, my car knows my schedule so it is already 72`". His face goes blank while his wife chuckles.

We exit the elevator and walk outside, and he says "well, at least I get 40 miles to the gallon". I reply as seriously as I can, " Gallon of what?"

His wife said, "honey, you can't win this, just give up".

Spoken like the boss!

I have a 2017 S90D picked up new in late Feb. (Michigan owner)

I have had the following Tesla moments:

1. As I was getting out of the car to look at a house that was for sale, a 9 year old boy rides up on his bike and says "is that a Tesla! I have never seen one in person." I said "yes it is!" He looked at the car and was telling me all about it. He knew more about the car than I did. As I was leaving, his dad came up and I said how impressed I was with his son's knowledge on this. I then offered them a ride. They were both giddy. When I floored it, the son said "I have GOT to get me one of these!" The son said his uncle has a Lamborghini but the son wants a Tesla instead. Wow! When I was that boys age, I wanted a Lamborghini. Tesla is making their mark!

2. I put my Tesla in a small car show in Michigan. Gave about 15 rides to people. The one guy had a suped up camaro but when I floored it he said "Holy sh*t!!!" very loudly. All the people I gave rides to were extremely impressed.

3. I drove my state rep to the state capital and parked at his parking spot in Lansing right by the main entrance! Did that twice and spent the day there two times so far. Many other state reps asked me about the car and a couple sat in it. They were all impressed. Now we just need to convince enough of them to fix the law.

4. I dropped of some old electronics and batteries at a scrap yard with my Tesla. Practically the whole yard (okay, not the whole staff, but 7 different workers) came by and asked me about the car. They said how beautiful it was.

I have give rides to probably about 50 people now.

Whenever I get the "holy $&!t" comment after putting my foot into it I always follow it up with "yeah and btw this is the slowest Tesla they make" ;)

Mouths usually drop open.
Oh believe me. I more than stated every time that mine was the "slow" one and that a P100D could do 0-60 in roughly half that time. But they were all greatly impressed with my "lowly" 4.2 seconds 0-60.

Reactions: hiroshiy