Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now as for mowers... I'm just waiting for ours to die so I can get an electric mower. THAT I want.

I just bought my wife a Ryobi One+ 18 volt Lithium Ion battery powered electric mower, and she loves it. Why? because it has to be carted up 10 steps to get to our new home rear lawn. Price was also good(ish) at AU$299. Once we move into the new house, I'll sell my gas powered YardMaster self propelled monster on eBay. Same goes for the gas line trimmer and blower, which I will replace with One+ gadgets as well, all using the same battery... I no longer mow after damaging my back.

I have a gravel driveway so a snow blower wouldn't be practical — they really don't do well with gravel

They have a gravel attachment for the snow wolf although I haven't a clue how well it works. It seems like it would do the trick. Compared to a regular shovel you definitely should give it a shot. Good grief that's a lot of work the old fashioned way.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
For those interested in alternatives, we had quite a bit of discussion about small engine yard tools here:

Lawn mowers and gardening equipment pollution: Why are ICE engines still legal in California?

I have a gravel driveway so a snow blower wouldn't be practical — they really don't do well with gravel. For eighteen years I've been clearing my 400 foot driveway the old fashioned way: with a snow shovel! It is a good workout and I listen to audio books while I work.

View attachment 270606
View attachment 270607
^ This is from last January. (Sure could use more snow this year — it has been unseasonably warm and dry since the beginning of fall here.)

Have to get my driveway clear to enjoy those "Tesla moments!"

I had a similar situation. A bunch of palm fronds had blown off the trees overnight. Got em all cleaned up. Tough start to the day though :)

38322702145_636bc36ff3_z.jpg

Is that your house or a resort??

We own the lot but it is in Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs California. (technically Cathedral city). Our house is in the Okanagan Valley of BC...but they currently sell snow shovels in the hardware store there soooo.....

The lots are affordable. 40 to 180 K. But condo fees (or maintenance fees or whatever you want to call them) are around 375 per month. But that is unlimited golf (27 holes) tennis, gym, pools, etc etc. They make sense for some lifestyles. Property tax not bad because there is no structure on the property.

38749325134_cb9eb5cec6_z.jpg

25587608078_fc49ca00bc_z.jpg

Last edited:
The best way to ensure it doesn't snow is to buy the most expensive snow blower you can find. Guaranteed, it won't snow for at least 2 years after the purchase :rolleyes:

We had a record snow near the end of 2008 and a friend gave me a snow shovel for Christmas. I didn't use it until last winter. We usually don't get enough snow around here to worry about. We had some snow at Christmas this year, but it was gone in a little over a day which is normal around here.

Reactions: gavine
Gave my wife an S100D for her birthday a few months ago. She hates buying gas, I'm a geek and we both like cars with good handling and a controlled ride.

Unanticipated side-effect - she's no longer worried about finding another guy if I pass away prematurely - the car's a male magnet!

When she runs errands, there are always a few fellows looking at her car when she returns to it in the parking lot, eager to discuss it with her.

It also seems to take years off her age. Once she was out with a friend just a few years older, and one of the Tesla fans asked, "Is that your mother?" The friend was not pleased.

I knew a couple people at work would be interested when I got my Tesla, but only the second day after I've had it at work, eight people have now engaged me with questions and requests for a drive. This doesn't count family and friends who have expressed an interest. This is in northern Indiana, where electric cars are almost unheard of; the local Nissan dealers don't even have "Leaf" as an option to search on.

People are excited about what it is and what it can do, and I'm happy to oblige their curiosity. I honestly think word-of-mouth like this will grow the market like few imagine. If the Model 3 was readily available, I think I'd have half a dozen buyers!

It really is amazing how people respond. I had two separate incidents yeaterday where people stopped me just to tell me how much they love the car - one at a drive through food place, the person collecting money took my card and casually tells me "that's my dream car" and then later a kid in a friend's neighborhood saw me park and ran up just to tell me he loves Teslas.

Time for an oil change for my Toyota SUV, so I called my local Firestone store, "I'd like to schedule an oil change."
Clerk asked for my phone number to look up my account info (both vehicles are registered with them, as I bought a replacement tire from them for the Tesla, after a non-reparable flat), then asked, "Will that oil change be for the Tesla or the Toyota?"

Time for an oil change for my Toyota SUV, so I called my local Firestone store, "I'd like to schedule an oil change."
Clerk asked for my phone number to look up my account info (both vehicles are registered with them, as I bought a replacement tire from them for the Tesla, after a non-reparable flat), then asked, "Will that oil change be for the Tesla or the Toyota?"
Should have asked for an electron flush and change...

• Funny
Reactions: Xenius
We were at a park with our four year old grandson. He met some other kids and spent time playing with them. As we were all getting ready to load up with all of our gear, my grandson shouts out for all to hear, "My grandpa drives a Tesla!" That led to about 30 minutes of questions and gawking. The last question I got was, "Does your grandson really know what a Tesla is?" Yes, yes he does:)