Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never towed anything with my M3 but until recently hadn't really pushed it up a steep incline. It's like driving on flat road and climbs a 30degree slope with no effort at all, unlike a ICE car that's downshifting and chugging up the hill!

Yeah, works going down hill too. I was dumping some metal out our landfill and had to go down a very steep hill - didn't have to touch the brakes. Really surprised. Brooks 2019 Model 3 midrange.

If you're ever in an accident pray hard that it is totaled. I've been hit twice, first by an illegal u-turn into the side of the car and second rear ended sitting at a stop light. Both times other driver was totally at fault. First time took 3 months to get parts and repair, second time 11 weeks and I'm still wait for parts from Tesla that were ordered in June.

He comes to me a few days ago to report that he scored 90 on a test. What question did he miss? Well, there was a question about a symbol and he couldn't identify the symbol. So I say, did you learn what that symbol is? I don't want to be in the passenger seat when you're suddenly wondering about a road sign! He says, sure, now I know, the symbol means

Low Oil
tesla-roadster-lol-oil-1.jpg

With previous ICE cars I had to downshift from fifth to fourth and drop the speed to avoid lugging the engine

We had a 2007 Buick Enclave. That thing would downshift on the slightest incline on the highway. It would scare me every time because it was such a jolt and loud noise. I started to actually slow the cruise control on ascents so as to avoid the downshifting.

It seemed to downshift from 6th to 4th too. It was so eager to maintain speed I guess and it didn't have enough torque.

The only ICE vehicles I’d be interested in would be for occasional entertainment only... Corvette or Ferrari. Then again, I’d probably prefer a Cybertruck or the new Tesla roadster.

I’m a life-long motorhead and an airplane pilot... very anxious to buy another airplane but I dread the thought of the ICE motor, gasoline, oil changes and scheduled maintence! It’s just all so antiquated.

I wonder what a 25 hour service will be like with an electric plane?

The FAA has not established maintence schedules for electric aircraft. It will take them forever! There will have to be manufacturer recommended inspection and service, plus a study of which parts and components actually fail and when. Of course the airframe inspection (the mechanical equipment and controls) is the same as for ICE aircraft.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I wonder what a 25 hour service will be like with an electric plane?

Lots of unknowns still. But if the electric airplane ends up using technology similar to modern EVs, there really isn’t anything on the powertrain to maintain, and the computers know the condition far better than anyone can learn from a physical inspection.

So maybe some sort of electronic parameter analysis - plus the airframe inspections, of course.

Reactions: APotatoGod
When I took my written driver's test, it was at a kiosk with a screen and 4 answer buttons. The screen would show a picture, associated question, and 4 choices. The only one I remember was "What vehicle should you give the most following distance behind? A - motorcycle, B - car, C - schoolbus, or D - dumptruck" (actually, I'm guessing on the last 3) And the associated picture was: the driver's view when following a motorcycle. :rolleyes:

The hardest thing I had to do in the driving test was turn the correct direction onto a one-way street when approaching from a T intersection. :rolleyes:

As someone who recently had a windshield shattered by rocks falling out of a dump truck..... I give them about a mile of distance.

I live in an area of about one hundred thousand people and not a lot of Tesla’s. At least once a week someone will walk up and tell me it is the prettiest car they have ever seen. Not bad for a 3 year old car. Never dreamed I would ever pay this much for a car but love never cones cheap.

We get the same comments with our Model X. While there are several Teslas in our city, there are only about 4 MXs! Then we open the Falcon Wing and jaws drop further! 48,000 miles later, it's still fun!

The afternoon was sunny, calm, 73°F. February days like this are not entirely unheard-of here in central Texas, but they are not typical at all. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take a spin in my Roadster with the top off.

Taking the curves on a nearby farm-to-market road, I pondered all the intangible, difficult-to-define ways that the Roadster is fun to drive. It couldn’t be more unlike my Model S. The S does many things extraordinarily well (including several that the Roadster does extraordinarily poorly), but it doesn’t have this special magic. It’s the nimbleness, the smooth and responsive acceleration, the steering feel, the open top, the connection to the road, and even the driver’s view of the hood and those purposeful air intakes.

I soon returned to town and decided to cruise the city streets for a little while. The sun was sinking low, well into the Golden Hour, so I brought out my camera. I have a new lens on it that I wanted to try out, and it was loaded with a roll of Kodak Ektar 100 — which has its own special magic and produces colors I’ve never been able to mimic from a digital camera.

I zipped around this little town and stopped to snap an occasional scene, and I experienced the sort of serenity that comes from being engaged in a pleasant and relaxing task. As both the sun and my roll of film were running out, I found a spot next to the park where just enough sunlight was filtering through the trees, and I turned the camera toward my car for the final few shots. The film rewound, and then, I thought, it was time to go home.

As I started to drive away, there were some folks playing in the park, and a younger man among them turned his gaze to my car. I lifted my hand to wave politely as I passed, and I heard him say clearly: "Daayum, I love that car!"

Me too, buddy. Me too.