TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla monitoring infrastructure?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by rz-1, Nov 29, 2016.

1. rz-1

rz-1 Member

Is there any official or unofficial technical information available on how Tesla monitors their fleet? Some sample questions that come to mind:

- What kind of telematics is collected from the car, how often, etc... From some of Tesla responses to different accident claims, it appears that they do collect fairly extensive sensor data at frequent cycles (perhaps collected at high frequency, but batched locally and sent to their facility at a lower freqeuncy)

- Do they host the collected data in a public cloud, private cloud or own datacenter?

- In addition to the scheduled/advertised OTA software download, are there other ongoing operational updates to the car (code, data, ...) for autopilot or other connected features of the car (beyond the obvious data such as navigation maps, media streaming,..)? .

I'm familiar with the available referencs on Tesla APIs and libraries for developing apps. Here I'm interested in learning about the infrastructure behind these interfaces/services.

Thanks

2. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

To date, not much is known publicly about how Tesla gathers this data and what they do with it when they grab it. I believe some members such have figured out "what" Tesla is grabbing but I don't think anyone else knows much more than that...

Jeff

3. scottm

scottm Active Member

Read your purchase agreement.

It says what Tesla collects OTA and what it's used for.

Who'd of thunk they tell you right there?