TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Motor Club Forum Mobile Login

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FloridaGary, Mar 15, 2016.

1. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

Hi All:

Just wanted to know if anyone is experiencing difficulty accessing the TMC Forum on their phone? I access it through Tapatalk in addition to my other 4 forums which all work fine, but TMC will not let me log in. On my laptop, I do not have any issues accessing which allowed me to start this thread.

Anyone else having this issue? It's a first for me and thought it may have something to do with the recent change made to this forum.

2. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Others have reported that Tapatalk doesn't work any more. But I was just using my iPhone on the normal site, and it is much better than it used to be, actually usable...

3. Fanatic1

Fanatic1 Member

The administrators for TMC have stated that the Forum is no longer compatible with Tapatalk. There is a very long thread discussing the likes and dislikes of the new format. I think it's just something to get used to and it works great for mobile web access on my iPhone 6 Plus.

4. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Since you've been using Tapatalk so much you probably didn't notice that the actual forum (mobile/pad/desktop) has been updated to a completely new back end.

5. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Tapatalk is toast for TMC.

For those who say the current mobile version on safari browser is better than the older version. Sure it is. it is like getting the standard dumb cruise control in the 80s and getting excited about it, compared to Tapatalk is like the Autopilot version.

6. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Exaggerate much?

7. Fanatic1

Fanatic1 Member

I like the little red buttons on the safari screen that let you go to the top or bottom of the page. The fonts format and everything else correctly instead of having a desktop version screen on a much smaller screen and using a "virtual desktop" method of navigating: zooming into access links, moving around the entire desktop, etc. The administrators stated there was a security issue in Tapatalk.

8. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

I never even heard of tapatalk. I found the previous tmc difficult to use w an iPhone. The new format is much easier to use and read w an iPhone.

9. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

Thanks for all the responses. Tapatalk makes it easy to manage multiple forums on the go. I'm sorry to hear it's not compatible with the TMC forum.

10. racerx43

racerx43 Member

11. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

Actually, it's the CloudFlare plug-in that is causing the problem of compatibilty. I received a response from TapaTalk, but I have not heard anything from the TMC Forum Admin.

For those of you who participates on multiple forums, TapaTalk is a very convenient way to access all of them within one app on your phone.

12. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

Not true, I have a forum on cloudflare and on tapatalk. Tapatalk is good for users but horrible for admins. I hope they don't cave-in and restore access.

13. arnyswart

arnyswart Member

I prefer tapatalk for this and there are just under 15,000 tapatalk users on this forum.

I found it through tapatalk originally.

14. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

I'm with you and also prefer the convenience of Tapatalk. I hope there is a resolution soon.

15. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

Not sure what you mean by cave-in and restore access. I'm sure no one has to "cave" to find a solution to meet the needs of its customers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are an Admin for a forum, I'm sure your focus is making sure your users have access. Hopefully, TMC will want to find a solution to keep those of us active on its site who use Tapatalk as you do with your site. At least, I hope they do. The UI was friendlier through Tapatalk than when I logged in to TMC directly on my phone.

16. racerx43

racerx43 Member

I'm also a fan of tapatalk and have used it for 20+ other forums. I hope it gets resolved.