Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motorcycle(s)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think after Tesla has gotten the cars and SUVs all figured out that they should make a sport bike and a cruiser too. What do you guys think? Any motorcycle riders here?

There's a DVD out now called "Charge" and it's about electric motorcycle racing.

Coolest looking electric bike I could find after quick google search...

motoczysz_e1pc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure Tesla should get into the motorcycle game. The handling characteristics are so different and so picky on motorcycles, it would be very tough to compete with the big boys. Now, could they develop batteries and drivetrain components? Absolutely!

There are several benefits to the electric motorcycle market compared to passenger cars:

• bikes are not so much a means of transportation, more a tool to have fun with
  • much smaller battery pack is required to make a nice bike with decent range and performance
  • people can arrange with limited range and plan their rides accordingly, be it daily use or road trip
  • the demand for high power density leads to fast-chargeable packs
  • market can sustain a high price segment

So we see a market emerging quickly here. No need for Tesla to initiate/spark it.

OR...
  • cars are not so much a means of transportation, more a tool to have fun with
  • much smaller battery pack is required to make a nice car with decent range and performance
  • people can arrange with limited range and plan their drives accordingly, be it daily use or road trip.[/QUOTE]

Bikes are a different beast, so if Tesla were to go after them, then I would only want it if they were really dedicated to understanding everything and getting it right.

I really want an electric motorcycle, but since a motorcycle would basically be a "toy" (especially since, by buying the Model S, it's not like I'll be saving gas by choosing to ride a bike instead of drive the S), I am not interested until the price for one comes down to $5k or less and the range is at least 200 miles.

The Brammo Empulse and Zero S both seem awesome, but they're too expensive for my tastes.

I use my Zero DS as my commuter vehicle, which works well since I have seasonal work (greenhouse). It pays off big time: my boss lets me charge at work (I don't drink coffee which others get for free), and it so it costs me around 15 cents for the 50 km round trip, compared to $7.50 if I take my Explorer. It replaced my civic, which cost around $6 to drive. But I don't do it for the $; again, there are many more hidden costs to driving any ICE, and I know it is the future of transport. Caring more about short-term $ than anything else is why China pwns America, and we're in a financial mess overall. [/rant] :D But really, the best part is silently cruising around, talking to people on sidewalks as I cruise past and hearing the birds.

Always had a soft spot for the Carver. An EV based Carver would be a great commuter.

Yes, an electric Carver type vehicle would be wonderful. Of course, with Tesla's low center of gravity designs, it wouldn't have to lean :)
Just kidding. The leaning part is what makes the carver cool. The battery pack can be in the stationary back section.

Last edited:
Electric Carver is in my dreams for about 4 years now. I tried to pull off a DIY variant, haven't progress beyond a scaled model yet.
There is someone further along though: Lynx Cars

stacks_image_73.png

_wsb_530x254_18_tommer_NY_FRONTNEWDESIGN2.jpg

It looks like they are trying to modernize the design a bit, close the nose etc.

They are planning a 14 kWh pack, which is a bit too small for my taste. I'd prefer at least 20 kWh giving around 100 miles range of spirited driving.

There are more pictures on FaceBook

Electric Carver is in my dreams for about 4 years now. I tried to pull off a DIY variant, haven't progress beyond a scaled model yet.
There is someone further along though: Lynx Cars

View attachment 7950

View attachment 7951

It looks like they are trying to modernize the design a bit, close the nose etc.

They are planning a 14 kWh pack, which is a bit too small for my taste. I'd prefer at least 20 kWh giving around 100 miles range of spirited driving.

There are more pictures on FaceBook

I like the Electric Carver. When it will go on sale?