Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motorcycle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. No time for such a low margin product.

How much does the average S or X sell for$ $90-$100K ?

How much does the average Model 3 sell for $55K

The people hanging a fender on the 3 or bolting drive train or battery in get paid the same per hour as the S/X.

So why build and sell a bike that sells for what? $13-15? No.

No time for such a low margin product.

Totally agree (as a motorcyclist and an e-bike fan), but the quad is even more of a low margin product. It would be awesome if in a few years (when there's a good step function in battery tech) Tesla created a powersports brand, but its easy to understand how that's not a priority right now or in the near future.

Has anyone been watching the new season of Westworld? It has electric FSD motorcycles that balance on their own. The technology is totally here for that, isn’t it? Anyone want to do a startup with me? lol

Also, there are Tesla seats in some of the other futuristic vehicles. lol

Reactions: wreighven
AR helmet seems distracting and unnecessary.

Delegating controls and information to a touch screen Is also “unnecessary”. HUDs are used in jets and gunships for a reason. It is a good way to display important information. Imagine being able to see a direct rear mirror at the top of your visor.

imagine having no gauges on the bike for a sleek clean look and having that stuff all in your helmet.

imagine how this would be a truly different thing tesla could use to differentiate its product vs just “it’s electric”

imagine your bike being able to see far ahead of you in the night and then drawing a box around an obstacle or animal in the road alerting you to the danger.

Delegating controls and information to a touch screen Is also “unnecessary”. HUDs are used in jets and gunships for a reason. It is a good way to display important information. Imagine being able to see a direct rear mirror at the top of your visor.

imagine having no gauges on the bike for a sleek clean look and having that stuff all in your helmet.

imagine how this would be a truly different thing tesla could use to differentiate its product vs just “it’s electric”

imagine your bike being able to see far ahead of you in the night and then drawing a box around an obstacle or animal in the road alerting you to the danger.

Just nope. I'm not riding a jet or a gunship. I don't need to fire rockets or track 16 targets at the same time.

There is already a helmet that exists to see the rearview at the top of my visor. I don't need that.

There is no "important" information that I need to see when riding. I focus on the road.

I have Bluetooth speakers in my helmet for GPS directions.

There is already a helmet that exists to see the rearview at the top of my visor. I don't need that.

I know I’ve seen it. But Tesla could do it better.

There is no "important" information that I need to see when riding. I focus on the road.
I mean I just gave you an example of important information that you normally wouldn’t necessarily see in conditions such as low light namely animals or other obstacles.

also
-google maps/navigation
-speed

extras that perhaps go away or pop up in different scenarios such as time, the radio, or SoC

or even full AR information ala Apple Glass style that could only be used at low speeds or when stopped. You are drifting slowly in downtown stop and go traffic and can just glance at a restaurant to get a yelp rating to decide if you want to grab dinner there.

I have Bluetooth speakers in my helmet for GPS directions.

And if they get the same audio engineer who worked on the M3 system, they can make the audio experience in the helmet amazing. Maybe also pass through, active noise cancellation , enhancement, and other stuff.