Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Company Forum Now Moderated

JayNT

May 15, 2013
Nassau County, NY
I responded to a thread about frunk closing and when I hit submit I received this
"Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval."

That was about three hours ago and my comment has not passed review yet.

Hopefully, they're still working on it.
J.T.

Last edited:

BobN

Oct 26, 2013
Studio City, CA
Yeah, I bumped your "New to the Forums?" thread last night and it hasn't shown up yet. In fact, other than a couple of new threads with no replies, there has been nothing. Will be interesting to see how this evolves.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Your posts are also moderated, not strictly as for a new subscriber of course, but our posts are always under control of the moderators (luckily).

The forum as a whole is under moderator control. Posts can be retroactively acted upon.

However, new posts are not submitted for moderator approval prior to posting (for me anyway). That's the typical definition of what you see the OP describing (he got a msg as such and his posts do no show up immediately).

BobN

Oct 26, 2013
Studio City, CA
To be clear, these TMC forums are indeed moderated and have been, thank goodness. J.T.'s thread is about the new, as of last night, moderation of the Tesla Motors Forums. At this point, only newly created threads are getting through. I assume/hope that there is some restructuring going on and that a new, smoother, more civilized Tesla Motors Forums enviornment is in the wings.

AlMc

'When the music is on...you gotta dance' (Go Elon)
Apr 23, 2013
Delaware
To be clear, these TMC forums are indeed moderated and have been, thank goodness. J.T.'s thread is about the new, as of last night, moderation of the Tesla Motors Forums. At this point, only newly created threads are getting through. I assume/hope that there is some restructuring going on and that a new, smoother, more civilized Tesla Motors Forums enviornment is in the wings.

+1. It was a little m ore 'wild west' over there. I just posted to an existing thread there (have been a long time member) and I got a similar message about reviewing my post before it is displayed.

dirkhh

Middle-aged Member
Jul 7, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
+1. It was a little m ore 'wild west' over there. I just posted to an existing thread there (have been a long time member) and I got a similar message about reviewing my post before it is displayed.

I gave up on the official form held a year ago. The forum software is terrible, it is filled with spam, haters and zealots.
This here is the place to be.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
The forum as a whole is under moderator control. Posts can be retroactively acted upon.

However, new posts are not submitted for moderator approval prior to posting (for me anyway). That's the typical definition of what you see the OP describing (he got a msg as such and his posts do no show up immediately).

I've been a member there longer than here, have posted many times, and just got this today:

Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 8.44.27 AM.png

My sympathies to the TM moderators :).

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA

My bad... I misread, and didn't realize the discussion was about over there, not here.

Apologies to the OP and for any confusion.

Lycanthrope

S3XY old dude
Nov 15, 2013
At home
I'd be delighted to see the teslamotors.com forum moderated, but not with every post being vetted before publication, that would be draconian and incredibly slow.

Better that they are more active with the flagged posts and ban the IP's of the repeat offenders.

Last edited:

NJ Plugin

Apr 9, 2013
I've been a member there longer than here, have posted many times, and just got this today:

View attachment 45600

My sympathies to the TM moderators :).

But it is most likely a job for a handful of employees, unlike unpaid volunteers or enthusiasts.

Not bad, a full time job for reading online, hopefully a subject they enjoy. Many (most) companies these days have social media and/or online community departments/employees.

lolachampcar

Nov 26, 2012
WPB Florida
I fear this for Tesla.... Passing judgement on any posts implies tacit approval. Removing or restricting posts opens up the door for the censorship label. Tesla would pull spam which was nice but I thought them wise to stay out of absolutely everything else so as to stay "clean" in the process.

TMC is different in that it does not manufacture the product being discussed. Mods here do a very good job (except when they have something to say about me because we all know how perfect I am (!)) in keeping a good clean level playing field. It will not be so easy for Tesla to mod their forum without being caused of bias.

omarsultan

Jun 22, 2013
Northern California
I fear this for Tesla.... Passing judgement on any posts implies tacit approval. Removing or restricting posts opens up the door for the censorship label. Tesla would pull spam which was nice but I thought them wise to stay out of absolutely everything else so as to stay "clean" in the process.

I agree--this would be a major shift in approach. I have chatted with them a couple of times about the forum and they have always said the intent is to maintain a hands-off approach unless things get out of hand (like flag-gate). Hopefully this an unintended byproduct of some SW update (not like we have not seen that before) but perhaps this is a result of the new guy coming in.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC