TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Motors Company Forum Now Moderated

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by JayNT, Mar 23, 2014.

1. JayNT

JayNT Member

#1 JayNT, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    I responded to a thread about frunk closing and when I hit submit I received this
    "Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval."

That was about three hours ago and my comment has not passed review yet.

Hopefully, they're still working on it.
    J.T.

2. BobN

BobN Member

Yeah, I bumped your "New to the Forums?" thread last night and it hasn't shown up yet. In fact, other than a couple of new threads with no replies, there has been nothing. Will be interesting to see how this evolves.

3. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

Hopefully it will cut down on the number of spam posts!

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

About time I guess.

5. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

We should be happy that Tesla Motors Forum is moderated. IMO this Forum needs moderation.

6. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

This may be a new subscriber thing.

My posts (both new and replies) are not being moderated.

7. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Your posts are also moderated, not strictly as for a new subscriber of course, but our posts are always under control of the moderators (luckily).

8. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

The forum as a whole is under moderator control. Posts can be retroactively acted upon.

However, new posts are not submitted for moderator approval prior to posting (for me anyway). That's the typical definition of what you see the OP describing (he got a msg as such and his posts do no show up immediately).

9. BobN

BobN Member

To be clear, these TMC forums are indeed moderated and have been, thank goodness. J.T.'s thread is about the new, as of last night, moderation of the Tesla Motors Forums. At this point, only newly created threads are getting through. I assume/hope that there is some restructuring going on and that a new, smoother, more civilized Tesla Motors Forums enviornment is in the wings.

10. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

+1. It was a little m ore 'wild west' over there. I just posted to an existing thread there (have been a long time member) and I got a similar message about reviewing my post before it is displayed.

11. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

I gave up on the official form held a year ago. The forum software is terrible, it is filled with spam, haters and zealots.
    This here is the place to be.

12. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I've been a member there longer than here, have posted many times, and just got this today:

Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 8.44.27 AM.png

My sympathies to the TM moderators :).

13. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Me too and I agree!

It will make it a much better experience over there with moderation.

14. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

@Bonnie and David

How does a moderator feel to be moderated? :eek:

15. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

My bad... I misread, and didn't realize the discussion was about over there, not here.

Apologies to the OP and for any confusion.

16. JayNT

JayNT Member

No worries, scaesare. These are indeed confusing times. :confused:

17. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Member

#17 Lycanthrope, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    I'd be delighted to see the teslamotors.com forum moderated, but not with every post being vetted before publication, that would be draconian and incredibly slow.

Better that they are more active with the flagged posts and ban the IP's of the repeat offenders.

18. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

But it is most likely a job for a handful of employees, unlike unpaid volunteers or enthusiasts.

Not bad, a full time job for reading online, hopefully a subject they enjoy. Many (most) companies these days have social media and/or online community departments/employees.

19. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

I fear this for Tesla.... Passing judgement on any posts implies tacit approval. Removing or restricting posts opens up the door for the censorship label. Tesla would pull spam which was nice but I thought them wise to stay out of absolutely everything else so as to stay "clean" in the process.

TMC is different in that it does not manufacture the product being discussed. Mods here do a very good job (except when they have something to say about me because we all know how perfect I am (!)) in keeping a good clean level playing field. It will not be so easy for Tesla to mod their forum without being caused of bias.

20. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

I agree--this would be a major shift in approach. I have chatted with them a couple of times about the forum and they have always said the intent is to maintain a hands-off approach unless things get out of hand (like flag-gate). Hopefully this an unintended byproduct of some SW update (not like we have not seen that before) but perhaps this is a result of the new guy coming in.