Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Films - The Hire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ElSupreme

Model S 03182
Jan 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
So I was moving my movie collection today and stumbled upon my copy of BMW Films - The Hire and well watched a few. It looks like BMW took down the films in 2005. But it appears that some of them are up on You Tube. I think it would be awesome for Tesla to advertise their vehicles this way. And being that they are in California, and movie stars seem to want to be 'green', they might be able to do this.

Am I crazy or is this not a good idea?

I LOVED that series! Especially the one with Madonna in the M5. I think the series helped Clive Owen get into mainstream movies. Aston Martin had a series last year with the Rapide, but I didn't follow it closely and don't know how it turned out.

Agree that these things are expensive and may not have the same reach as traditional marketing.
Perhaps Tesla could try a contest for user created content - Chrysler did something for the Crossfire which I enjoyed (although the car didn't do so well, so maybe not the best example).