TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Motors Films - The Hire

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by ElSupreme, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

So I was moving my movie collection today and stumbled upon my copy of BMW Films - The Hire and well watched a few. It looks like BMW took down the films in 2005. But it appears that some of them are up on You Tube. I think it would be awesome for Tesla to advertise their vehicles this way. And being that they are in California, and movie stars seem to want to be 'green', they might be able to do this.

Am I crazy or is this not a good idea?

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I don't remember those but reading the intro on Wikipedia, it seems like it was the inspiration for Audi, Jason Statham and Transporter...

3. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Pretty much, except they didn't try to advertise for 90 minutes. Only 6-8 at a time.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

That was an amazingly expensive campaign.

5. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

I LOVED that series! Especially the one with Madonna in the M5. I think the series helped Clive Owen get into mainstream movies. Aston Martin had a series last year with the Rapide, but I didn't follow it closely and don't know how it turned out.

Agree that these things are expensive and may not have the same reach as traditional marketing.
    Perhaps Tesla could try a contest for user created content - Chrysler did something for the Crossfire which I enjoyed (although the car didn't do so well, so maybe not the best example).

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I have some of those on DVD that BMW gave out as promos.

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Look at the 'Roadster Reflections' video smorgasbord made
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhHaFFRlCiI

Pretty awesome. They could have an add contest, get it done for basically free and then pay to air it on TV.