Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors General Annual Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla can do it with $25K, this would be 80 stations, 47 in addition to the two coasts and cross-country route (unless one of the two million is development cost). Providing enough charging power for fast-charging the 300 mile battery. Sounds like a no-brainer to me. Looking at current attempts in the US, it seems Tesla really needs to pioneer a good and effective way to do this. David and Kevin's work (which was in cooperation with Tesla) has already shown that the benefit of good placement is no secret really.

I agree with your statement, but I don't know how they can say $2M for the cost. I believe they are way off by a factor of 100. I have penciled the cost of a station with multiple spots, and I don't know how they can do it for $25K even for one spot. DC fast charge unit by many manufacturers is about $60K equipment only, not infrastructure or installation. Then there is maintenance and operation.

Do you have a source for that $60k, because I was told by a utility that is installing them that a unit from a (well known) 3rd party manufacturer of CHAdeMO chargers costs $25k. I have also heard that the Nissan units cost £10k.

I agree with your statement, but I don't know how they can say $2M for the cost. I believe they are way off by a factor of 100.
in the UK we have found it easy to encourage hotels, B&B's, and travel stops, to pay for the installation of HPC's. Many of these locations have their own on-staff electricians and therefore the costs to them of the installation is truly trivial (often coming off the hotels 'marketing' budget).

One of the major benefits of the work that David did was to allow us to have a discussion about blanket covering sites with 32A sockets at all parking bays for overnight recharging of 200+ mile EV's. Given 32A sockets cost less than $12 retail it's easy to see how large scale deployments can happen.

All of the sites that have installed HPC's are prime candidates for DC charging... and I'm sure the sites will undertake this work if we just get on and use the HPC network.

Tesla and other EV companies have a critical roll to play in these deployments. Without their guidance and leadership we get deployments like the London scheme which is focused on a closed network of 13A sockets with a 3 hour parking limit...

Indeed. One of the reasons for getting the HPC network set up was to pave the way for DC fast charging in a year or two. I was hoping that the positive PR from the former would convince them to upgrade to the latter at the right time. I know one of the site owners is talking about this (and other fast charge systems) being a target for installation at their current and future sites.

It's good news to hear that Tesla Motors is ever so closely to that stated goal productions goal of mid 2012. The new photos of the "alpha" version are smashing and are putting others on notice!!! At this point bring on the "beta" version so that we can see the interior changes. With the compeltion of the stamping line, Tesla Motors can now ramp up the "Tesla Factory" and bring it to production speeds.

News of the Model X is good but I still want to see how Tesla Motors will tackle the very competitve small car arena. I think the Model X will hit "alpha" and "beta" much sooner than stated in the press because the base platform is in place and ready for another suit of armor.

The charging stations or battery swap stations are a good idea but the first focus should be on getting the product out of the door. After production begins then work on to the EV infrastructure.

Last edited:
And back on topic,

How were attendees informed of this Annual Meeting? Do you have to own a certain amount of stock? We did not hear boo on this end.

Annual general meeting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Public companies in the United States

Every state requires public companies incorporated within it to hold an annual general meeting of shareholders to elect the Board of Directors and transact other business that requires shareholder approval. Notice of the annual general meeting must be in writing and is subject to a minimum notice period that varies by state. In 2007, the Securities and Exchange Commission voted to require all public companies to make their annual meeting materials available online. The final rules required compliance by large accelerated filers beginning on January 1, 2008, and by all other filers beginning on January 1, 2009. The "e-proxy" rules allow two methods for companies to deliver their proxy materials, the "notice only" option or the "full set" option. Under the notice only option, the company must post all of its proxy materials on a website, and send shareholders a notice that the materials are available online. This notice must be mailed at least 40 calendar days before the shareholder meeting.

That is my understanding, and what I get for all the companies I am a shareholder of (and give directorships). There should be no minimum number of shares to get a notice of AGM, but you do have a duty to provide your contact details to the share registrar.

The charging stations or battery swap stations are a good idea but the first focus should be on getting the product out of the door. After production begins then work on to the EV infrastructure.

Why assume it has to be done in series? It wouldn't be the same people - probably a different business unit. Having it in place for launch day would avoid jibes of "nice car, shame it can't be used to go anywhere".