Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors International Structure and Governance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would anyone know how Tesla operates and is structured internationally? Because they control all parts of the chain wherever they go I'd assume they start green field ventures in every country they go to. I'm asking because I am trying to find out if they have started working to get into my country's market. (Turkey) I'm doing research. Every Turkish company has to name itself in the database of Trade Union and when I search their website for "Tesla" numerous companies show up. Tesla Solar Generators, Computer companies, electronic seller, importers etc.(ironically there is a Tesla Oil Transportation Co.) Amongst those 110 companies whose names include the word "Tesla" one of them may actually be real Tesla starting up as a green field venture.

I know they started working because of my previous find, that they are looking/will be looking for employees in Istanbul.(found from their career site) You can read more about this find in this thread but to sum up, they're looking for employees in Istanbul/Turkey and that is the only place they are looking for employees besides the markets they already are in, despite all of the markets they intend to get in in 2015.

To give an example, Apple recently started out here in Turkey also as a green field venture, launching the official Apple Store and etc. Their name is "Apple Technological Solutions Ltd." Besides them there are for example "Apple Rent a Car" (to name one of the few name similarities) One name I suspect to be real Tesla is; "Tesla Asynchronous Motors Ltd." It could just be another company with a name similarity.

Thanks in advance!