TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Motors Motor

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by tsla, May 16, 2007.

1. tsla

tsla New Member

Hello,

Does anyone of you have any information on the electrical motor in the Tesla Roadster? With battery pack this is an equally important piece. Is it DC or AC motor? If AC, how many phases? What is the operating voltage and power? Is it used as a generator during the braking action? How many of them are used; is it just one or each wheel has one or maybe just 2 rear wheel are motorized?

Thank you

2. Tesla2Go

Tesla2Go Member

You can find some info in the Tesla blogs. It's one motor, weighting around 45kg I think. Pretty impressive.

3. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Mainecoon Butler

Welcome tsla, I can see you are new to the club :D

I could answer you but it is best to just dig into Tesla's site. It has TONS of information and technical details.
    Then go through their blogs to get more info why something is like it is and what to look forward to in the future.

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

5. mt2

mt2 Member

Yes, hence the name of the company - Nikola Tesla invented the AC induction motor.