Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Offer Test Drives at The 2009 London Motorexpo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
Tesla Motors Offer Test Drives at The 2009 London Motorexpo

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM – may 14, 2009: Tesla Motors have confirmed their attendance at the 2009 London Motorexpo and will use the event as the platform for an interactive display of their Tesla Roadster – giving potential UK customers one of the first public opportunities to test drive the most efficient high performance production sports car on the planet.

The Tesla display will be located within the superb marble lobby of the Canary Wharf Estate’s primary building, One Canada Square, for the duration of the 14th Annual London Motorexpo - which runs from 8th to the 14th June 2009 and is completely free for the public to attend.

Hmm. Clashes with Le Mans. Malcolm will have to cover it :biggrin:

Malcolm will have to cover it :biggrin:

Works for me :biggrin:

But it looks like the test drives may be on an "interactive display" - some sort of simulator? Project Gotham Racing 4? :frown:

ETA:

It would serve me right if it was:-

Malcolm Wilson wrote on May 5th, 2007 at 6:22 am
# vfx wrote on May 4th, 2007 at 11:32 am
# Curious how Tesla will handle the test drive demand.

How about re-using the old Mules and remaining EPs and VPs in machines like this…..
www.nsf.gov/od/lpa/news/03/images/driving_simulator.jpg

I agree that 0 to 60 in 4 seconds is amusement park numbers. Most people will be queuing up to experience the unique torque curve anyway. Go with that. And if you’re going with the whole brash fairground thing, then brand the simulation machines; “Tesla - Torque of the Devil”.
icon_wink.gif

Could be useful as a touring device to visit each Store around their first few weeks of opening as a way to help manage the crowd numbers and get the party started.

Not appropriate as a permanent feature in the Stores. Too frivolous.

Last edited: