TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Motors parts from North America to HK

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by DITB, Aug 13, 2014.

1. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

Just went to a Tesla Motors store in NY, all I could get was apparel, no parts, not even touch up paint sticks.

Might get another chance tomorrow, a different place, to go to a proper service centre.

Anyone else in HK need parts urgently, time to PM me today.

No, I am not going to bring you a roof rack for your skis and snowboard, that'd be too much for me to carry, nor will I take a set of 21" rims.

2. DITB

Can you spot where the Tesla Motors Store is, in this picture (top)?

Hint #1: It is very very VERY hard to find unless you know where it is or zoom in a lot.

Hint #2: For help, use Google Maps, search for Tesla Motors, Manhattan

Inside, this TM Store is a bit different than the other TM Stores. It used to be a combined Roadster service and sales centre, while service has now been moved to Long Island - and there are no more roadsters for sale.

Attached Files:

3. DITB

Your wishes are all granted.

So who picks me up (Model S, please) at the airport on Sunday?

Attached Files:

4. JohnxII

JohnxII Member

w@@t That isn't the trunk mat on the left is it? What time are you arriving? I can do morning IF my car is returned to me (in service center now to fix not-opening charge port & water seeping roof)

5. DITB

#5 DITB, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014

Yes it's your mat, it's not as heavy as I thought. Please note 12% sales tax on top

6. DITB

The goodies!

So here we go, I believe I got all the items that people asked for. Next challenge is to carry it back home but it seems manageable. All for the team!

North America Tesla Parts Shopping Spree.JPG

Into HKD, including charges and taxes in HKD:

Floor mats for trunk 1721
    Liftgate rear sunshade 775
    Pano roof sunshade 1291
    Front trunk organizer (the last one they had, it's in back order but I got the display unit): 1076
    Touch up pens (each) 173
    T-shirts, kids, (each) 149

If JohnxII can pick me up on Sunday (hope no changes for my part!) he can get all the stuff, and the rest of you can get it from him, or I can keep it for later. I will be a bit out of town in the near future, though, so a bit hard to reach. I am sure you are eager to receive.

I also got some key rings and a plastic model. In olive drab colour, or some kind of army green. OK, Let's just call it "green".

Each order take, expect a netmail very soon with details.

7. EVC

EVC Member

Thanks again DITB! Saved me a ton of shipping fees! Have a safe flight back to HK and hope to meet all of you soon! (won't be in HK until Aug 31)

8. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Ditto.

Especially as I've spent enough on airline excess baggage fees in my time, it's good to get payback courtesy of the cockpit crew :)

9. JohnxII

JohnxII Member

Hey guys, just to make sure nobody else is as eager as I am to pickup the shopping. I will be driving to the airport this morning in a few hours.

10. waidy

waidy Member

I am leaving California in 10 days arriving HK on the 27th, so you have a 2nd chance :)