Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Seeking To Hire An Engineers To Develop Autonomous Driving Technologies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the presentation of Daimler at the IAA in Frankfurt we saw the Mercedes Benz S500 Autonomous Drive. That was impressive. Maybe there should be some kind of cooperation between Daimler and Tesla on this topic? Or should Tesla offer a job to some of Daimler's employees who have been working on this Mercedes Benz S500 Autonomous Drive?

This is good to hear. I bought my S for more than just the battery aspect, and one of those additional reasons was how tech-forward it was (in most way anyway). Happy to hear they want to keep pushing forward to be on the edge of car technology beyond simple batteries.

...This should also mean we can get adaptive cruise in the future too :)

Strange that they are looking for someone with mechanical engineering degree, instead of deep learning/AI scientist.

Do you guys know that neural networks outperformed humans on the task of recognizing German traffic signs? "Our Deep Learning Neural Networks (NN) are the first..."
Wouldn't it be nice if car automatically recognize signs and show ones that are in effect on a dashboard?;)

Or similar thing, if you are waiting for traffic light to turn green, wouldn't it be nice if car played some sound (like one played by smartphones for email notifications) the moment the light actually turned green?

And while unpractical, adding ability for the car to autonomously(and slowly!) go to garage after you left it on a doorsteps and walked away also would be easy to realize using current neural networks tech. That would add really serious "wow factor":cool:

And all above could rely on a cheap forward looking camera, which is needed anyway for a lane departure warnings. Ok, some serious number crunching hardware like Intel Xeon Phi would also be needed.

Last edited:
Strange that they are looking for someone with mechanical engineering degree, instead of deep learning/AI scientist. Do you guys know that neural networks outperformed humans on the task of recognizing German traffic signs? "Our Deep Learning Neural Networks (NN) are the first..." Wouldn't it be nice if car automatically recognize signs and show ones that are in effect on a dashboard?;) Or similar thing, if you are waiting for traffic light to turn green, wouldn't it be nice if car played some sound (like one played by smartphones for email notifications) the moment the light actually turned green? And while unpractical, adding ability for the car to autonomously(and slowly!) go to garage after you left it on a doorsteps and walked away also would be easy to realize using current neural networks tech. That would add really serious "wow factor":cool: And all above could rely on a cheap forward looking camera, which is needed anyway for a lane departure warnings. Ok, some serious number crunching hardware like Intel Xeon Phi would also be needed.
Yep. I want this one. I don't care if it wants a mechanical Degree. I am assuming JB is doing the interview... Also neural network is impractical for this... for now. Memristor needs more improvement before this can be feasible.