TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Motors Shareholder Meeting-also latest news on No Free Supercharger unless you buy a package w

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by dgindio, Jun 1, 2016.

1. dgindio

dgindio dgindio

Tesla Motors 2016 Shareholder Meeting Highlights [Video] | EVANNEX Aftermarket Tesla Accessories

also note this latest information-

MODEL 3 SUPERCHARGER ACCESS
    Tesla Central reported, "that the upcoming Tesla Model 3 sedan will not get free Supercharger access without purchasing a 'package'... Here's what Musk said in response to a question from a current Model S owner about what was meant by that: 'Obviously, [free Supercharging] fundamentally has a cost. … The obvious thing to do is decouple that from the cost of the Model 3. So it will still be very cheap, and far cheaper than gasoline, to drive long-distance with the Model 3, but it will not be free long distance for life unless you purchase that package. I wish we could, but in order to achieve the economics, it has to be something like that.'"

2. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Likely the same 'package' we always had to buy to enable supercharging.
    --

3. jgs

jgs Member

There hasn't been an separate "enable Supercharging" line-item option since the S60, though, right? The "package" I bought was called "85 kWh battery".

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

• Helpful x 1