TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Motors Site

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by dpeilow, Aug 2, 2009.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Looks like the company website has had a minor update. Several new 2010 photos.

I'm not sure some of the current linked news stories are the best things to have on their homepage, though...

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

3. Lancelac

Lancelac 2010 Roadster Sport #690

I'm not sure the people who wrote that realize exactly what Tesla is selling. Selling a Roadster is minimally about what it looks like, while being more about selling the idea of an electric car, and that takes words and explanation to most people. It's completely unlike going to a gasoline automaker and knowing exactly what a car is, all they have to focus on is how great it looks, what features it has, etc.

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I agree with the writer(s) to an extent. You still want an attractive informational site, but I guess once they have a model that's more targetted to the mainstream, they'll focus on that and less on so much immediate text.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I agree they are selling much more than a car. No one writes to Audi and asked where they are going to gas-up the new model when they drive to Vegas.

And sorry if Tesla is asking for investors. 4 years ago they did not exist. That took a lok of "beggin"