Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors suspected in trying to illegally defraud Danish government EV tax hike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the strong wording used in the Seeking Alpha article, it was immediately clear that the author is a TSLA shorter. And, it's even included below the title of the article: "Disclosure: I am/we are short TSLA."

If Tesla can legally register 2500 cars in Denmark to avoid the 180% tax hike as of January 1st, I see no problem with that if it benefits Danish buyers. A 180% tax hike on environmentally friendly cars is totally bonkers IMO. Let's not forget that if those cars are indeed registered, someone will have to sell them and there's a significant risk associated with holding such a large inventory. Denmark is a small country where a lot less than 2500 Tesla's per year are sold.

now that is pure nonsense. No american has ever gone into a bakery and ordered a dutch. :)

lol
image_preview.jpg

Is there any reason why this was posted in the ´Belgium and the Netherlands´ forum? It is true that there are some similarities between Denmark and The Netherlands (both are in Europe and are relatively flat) but they are two different countries and as far as I am aware we (the Netherlands guys) are not involved in any illegal circumvention of the Danish tax laws. On the contrary, I think there are a lot of Dutch Tesla owners who hope to sell their current Classic Model S to the Danish and order a new MS (or MX), so an additional 2500 new cars in Denmark could be quite an obstacle for our second hand market :wink:

I did not post this in the Belgium and Netherlands forum. I posted this under the top level "news". I know full well the difference between the two (and I've been to the Netherlands before!). One of the moderators must not know the difference and improperly moved the thread.

Tesla Accused Of Tax Circumvention In Denmark, But It Was Just A False Alarm

<snip>

…but there was registration of the 2,500 plates for future sales, which led to suspicion:

“What I have been made aware of is that there has been someone in our headquarters, sitting and ordering number plates for all markets”

“Pedersen has argued that the registration of the 2,500 plates is a fully justifiable move, as demand for Tesla vehicles has increased since the tax increase on electric cars was announced. He said he couldn’t understand Lauritzen’s suspicions about Tesla.”

“It is realistic that we will within the next year sell 2,500 cars. The person has therefore ordered plates for these vehicles.”

Tax Minister Karsten Lauritzen seems to accept the reason and all turns out to be a false and rather silly alarm:

“Speaking to BBC News, Lauritzen said he is sorry if Tesla feels it has been targeted by the tax move and now feels that they have given a satisfactory reason for the registration of the 2,500 plates.”
Full article at:
http://insideevs.com/tesla-accused-of-tax-circumvention-in-denmark-but-it-was-just-a-false-alarm/

A 'Dutch' being the new slang for a free cookie/bun begged for by children at the bakery (without saying 'thank you')?
Very Dutch indeed.

Well, you can put it in practice. The new SuC in Stapelberg (Germany) is build in front of the famous Braaker [FONT=Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Mühle Bakery!

[/FONT]http://tff-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=6133&start=1760#p192595
[FONT=Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]http://www.braaker-muehle.com[FONT=Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

One of the things that I really liked about Denmark was the Danish pastries, they are about 42 times better than the similarly named objects sold in the US. The fruit drink yogurt also, we couldn't get enough of it and have never found anything close anywhere else.