TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Motors Website Profile - Drivers License Number?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by MLH, Jul 23, 2013.

1. MLH

MLH Member

Has anyone inquired why Tesla is requesting we update our profiles with our DL number?

2. john01

john01 Member

No idea. However, for my delivery Tesla requested my Drivers License. That's when I found it posted.

I am looking forward to my 7/29 delivery, 6 more days.

Question, how can you automatically post what kind of Tesla you have.

Model S, Tech, Air, Sound, everything but armor and child seats

3. HHHH

HHHH Member

Go to your user name, click control panel, then settings, it's on the left side. Or do an advanced search and you'll find a link. I had the same question.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I'm reading, the MyTesla site has been very buggy and not reporting the correct statuses of cars as well, so chalk this up to another similar glitch. If you've already received your car, I wouldn't worry about it.

4. Frankrb

Frankrb Member

Got my MS in March and the request for my wife's and my drivers just showed up. NOT TESLA's business!

Also wondering why they want it.

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

The drivers license is a normal part of the Motor Vehicle long form (at least in CA) sales agreement. I believe that their new paperwork more closely conforms to this format.

Would the dealership be liable if they sold a car to someone without a license to drive? Our lawyers at work!

6. Saphire

Saphire Member

I recently ordered a MS, when I got home and logged onto Tesla Motors it requested my DL as well. I don't know why? But I was too excited to care and immediately gave them my info. Makes sense they would want to know if you have a valid DL before you drive away. ​

7. HHHH

HHHH Member

From my experience in the automobile business I can tell you that a large percentage of banks do not require a driver's license to purchase a car. It is a little ironic, but I believe it is so that someone who is buying a car for their use but not for them to drive can still purchase a car. That's just one of the many reasons.

8. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

They updated their site to prompt for it, and didn't think to disable it for anyone whose status is delivered, methinks. Been like that for a while. Just ignore it if you already have your car.

9. jammerdjc

jammerdjc S Owner/Member

Earlier posts are accurate that it's required as part of the California DMV paperwork. If you have your car, ignore it. If you don't, you'll get prompted during the paperwork process (at least I did). I wouldn't put it on the web site unless they've done something to tie it to your purchase and you've not completed your purchase. I don't expect the web site is that well tied to their purchase/delivery documents.