Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla MP3 delivered without brake pad on drivers side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Have you guys read this: Quote "
According to a report from The Drive, one customer received her new Tesla Model 3 on December 19 only to find out that it was sent to her while missing a brake pad. Just a day after receiving the car, she contacted Tesla to let them know that something didn’t sound right. She shot a video of the car and sent it to them and received this response: “The brakes sounded normal for a performance Model 3.” Read on to see how long she has to wait to fix this GROSS ABUSE.

Tesla Shipped Model 3 With A Missing Brake Pad And Told Customer It Sounded Normal | Carscoops

2) I found out that Tesla currently have a 1-MONTH WAIT for ANY Service appointment. This is UNACCEPTABLE. NO car dealers/manufacturers EVER have a 1-MONTH WAIT for ANY Service appointment. I have many other serious complaints about Tesla, wait till I have more time. Elon Musk already a richest employer, why not hiring more technicians to help customers??? I cannot believe it.

• Funny
Reactions: Jo060
I found out that Tesla currently have a 1-MONTH WAIT for ANY Service appointment. This is UNACCEPTABLE. NO car dealers/manufacturers EVER have a 1-MONTH WAIT for ANY Service appointment.
Sure.. I have four dealers here that would argue otherwise. My van just spent 4 months at a dealer trying to get fixed. In that time, they went through 3 service writers on my ticket. Anyone with a Pacifica Hybrid and recent dealer experiences would point out that the dealers have a 2-3 week wait for the hybrids. Everyone has the same issues.. a lot of customers.. not enough QUALIFIED techs. The EVs make this situation even worse because a good EV tech is not on every street corner. Chrysler does simple stuff in the bays but a lot of the time, they "phone home" to Chrysler engineering for help and diagnostics. The onprem guys are just out of their depth as a rule.

Tesla is not any better or worse.. they have to hire from the same small pool of talent that everyone else has to work with then train them up for Tesla specific information. And that takes time.. quite a bit of time if they want them to be worth a damn. GM has the same issues.. I saw an ad for a Corvette Electronic technician.. not a mechanic.. a ET.. thats a pretty special skill set and it's because the electronics of the car are so damn complicated.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev and cdswm3
2) I found out that Tesla currently have a 1-MONTH WAIT for ANY Service appointment. This is UNACCEPTABLE. NO car dealers/manufacturers EVER have a 1-MONTH WAIT for ANY Service appointment. I have many other serious complaints about Tesla, wait till I have more time. Elon Musk already a richest employer, why not hiring more technicians to help customers??? I cannot believe it.
You need to do some more research into this!! Plenty of multiple week waits from many dealers for parts to come in so as to be ABLE to perform certain services. What is the service you are requiring?

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
1) Have you guys read this: Quote "
According to a report from The Drive, one customer received her new Tesla Model 3 on December 19 only to find out that it was sent to her while missing a brake pad. Just a day after receiving the car, she contacted Tesla to let them know that something didn’t sound right. She shot a video of the car and sent it to them and received this response: “The brakes sounded normal for a performance Model 3.” Read on to see how long she has to wait to fix this GROSS ABUSE.

Tesla Shipped Model 3 With A Missing Brake Pad And Told Customer It Sounded Normal | Carscoops

Sell your car. Problem solved.

Sure.. I have four dealers here that would argue otherwise. My van just spent 4 months at a dealer trying to get fixed. In that time, they went through 3 service writers on my ticket. Anyone with a Pacifica Hybrid and recent dealer experiences would point out that the dealers have a 2-3 week wait for the hybrids. Everyone has the same issues.. a lot of customers.. not enough QUALIFIED techs. The EVs make this situation even worse because a good EV tech is not on every street corner. Chrysler does simple stuff in the bays but a lot of the time, they "phone home" to Chrysler engineering for help and diagnostics. The onprem guys are just out of their depth as a rule.

Tesla is not any better or worse.. they have to hire from the same small pool of talent that everyone else has to work with then train them up for Tesla specific information. And that takes time.. quite a bit of time if they want them to be worth a damn. GM has the same issues.. I saw an ad for a Corvette Electronic technician.. not a mechanic.. a ET.. thats a pretty special skill set and it's because the electronics of the car are so damn complicated.
Let me get to the right points. A hybrid car is DOUBLE-trouble, you have to deal with 2 different systems and their interfacing/talking between them. A Tesla is pure EV. It is like a giant PC/laptop.

Remember that by stamping model Y into 2 main chassis: Front and Back with battery in the center, the parts count is reduced substantially. Fixing a Tesla EV is like fixing a PC/laptop. When you boot up a Tesla/PC it goes thru the same sequence: verify the integrity of all components and their communication/response. I have troubleshoot my 1st car a 1970 Ford Maverick in 1977, many of you here were not even born yet. The bottom line, when I use a PC/laptop, I know the S/N and P/N of every components and isolate to the faulty ones and replace them. It’s is so simple to maintain a repair record of each Tesla and Tesla REFUSEs to help its customer. Remember that Marketing dept. is very important for a company and Elon Musk DISCARDed the whole thing!!!!!

You need to do some more research into this!! Plenty of multiple week waits from many dealers for parts to come in so as to be ABLE to perform certain services. What is the service you are requiring?
I have driven and have services on my Infinitis, the last one a 2015 Q40, and always can talk with a Service Advisor for a preliminary consultation. This is NOT possible with Tesla, even its Service Center and store is 1 mile from my home. When you call Tesla, you access to the Whole Tesla company, not an individual Service Center’s advisor. All Tesla Service Advisors SHOULD look at ALL service appointments and giving preliminary advice to prepare the customers.

Tesla company is under a dictator. Period.

I have driven and have services on my Infinitis, the last one a 2015 Q40, and always can talk with a Service Advisor for a preliminary consultation. This is NOT possible with Tesla

If you open a service ticket in the app you can message them that way.

Remember that by stamping model Y into 2 main chassis: Front and Back with battery in the center, the parts count is reduced substantially. Fixing a Tesla EV is like fixing a PC/laptop.

In certain aspects, sure. If your screen goes bad you'll need to replace it.

In others, not so much. Changing the brake pads or wipers or tires or whatever is exactly the same as any other car.

The bottom line, when I use a PC/laptop, I know the S/N and P/N of every components

Teslas parts catalog is online and available to the public.

and isolate to the faulty ones and replace them. It’s is so simple to maintain a repair record of each Tesla and Tesla REFUSEs to help its customer.

Every time I've had service I've gotten a record of that service from Tesla sent to me. Are you unable to save these or something?

Remember that Marketing dept. is very important for a company and Elon Musk DISCARDed the whole thing!!!!!

... what does marketing have to do with service?

Further- the fact legacy auto wastes billions of dollars on marketing that Tesla instead puts toward building cars is.... not the positive for legacy you suggest.

Both company financial results, and the share of the EV auto market, appear to agree on that.

Remember that by stamping model Y into 2 main chassis: Front and Back with battery in the center, the parts count is reduced substantially. Fixing a Tesla EV is like fixing a PC/laptop. When you boot up a Tesla/PC it goes thru the same sequence: verify the integrity of all components and their communication/response. I have troubleshoot my 1st car a 1970 Ford Maverick in 1977, many of you here were not even born yet. The bottom line, when I use a PC/laptop, I know the S/N and P/N of every components and isolate to the faulty ones and replace them. It’s is so simple to maintain a repair record of each Tesla and Tesla REFUSEs to help its customer.
So many opportunities ;) You really shouldn't be so dogmatic unless you really know who you are talking to. I'm afraid you are making some assumptions.. so lets set things straight. I was born way before you "troubleshoot" your Maverick in 77.. I was out of high school by then and working at Hughes Aircraft as an ET ( electronic technician) I've been on around ICE since the mid 60s with Harley Davidsons thanks to dad and cars for a very long while. I used to design and build race car .. 1/4 and 1/2 mile roundy rounds.. thats NASCAR styled dirt track for those not used to the term. I've done the whole pro-street thing, autocross things blah.. blah.. blah.. point is, I know cars pretty well and how they are supposed to work, how they really work and how they like to fail you. I've got a few laptops here that you would not be able to fix with your methodology because it's flawed. Repair is not just "replacing parts".. too many think that and they always get into trouble. If that was true with EVs or Hybrids, software patches would not be the big deal they are. Just replace the computer.. that will fix it! unless that MCU is 3 rev levels behind the rest of the bus it's talking to.. or that particular board revision doesn't like something downstream.. or.. or.. or.. I've spent too much time with O scopes and logic analyzers to that out that a signal is failing under a certain load because the connector had some gunk on it that was raising the resistance just enough to slow the rise time of the TTL pulse which caused the receiving gate to see a fault.. Now, if none of that made sense to you, thats why replacing parts doesn't work all the time. Or whats worse, is the original designer used alloy ABC for coating the pins only to find out that the plastic covering of the enclosure outgassed something nasty that corroded the coating and raising hell with the signals. All real stories.. been there.. done that.. got the scars :) Again.. simple parts replacement doesn't fix the problem.

Anyways.. you obviously have an axe to grind and thats fine.. grind away. I'll just sit my vintage butt here and watch the show :)

Is there no brake warning light on a Tesla, like in a regular car?
The typical brake warning light that cars have (red circle with an exclamation point inside) indicates a problem with the hydraulic system such as low brake fluid. Some luxury cars have a brake pad warning (red circle with some dashed arcs on the side). Not all cars have that and that is not shown in the model 3 manual as a warning indicator symbol on the model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: Bouba
I have driven and have services on my Infinitis, the last one a 2015 Q40, and always can talk with a Service Advisor for a preliminary consultation. This is NOT possible with Tesla, even its Service Center and store is 1 mile from my home. When you call Tesla, you access to the Whole Tesla company, not an individual Service Center’s advisor. All Tesla Service Advisors SHOULD look at ALL service appointments and giving preliminary advice to prepare the customers.

Tesla company is under a dictator. Period.

Your experience does not match my own. As recently as last month, I’ve been able to walk into Tesla service centers in Virginia, Michigan and Illinois and speak directly with service writers.

Reactions: pl8dlikafiddle
Your experience does not match my own. As recently as last month, I’ve been able to walk into Tesla service centers in Virginia, Michigan and Illinois and speak directly with service writers.
Man, I just have to ask…. Is your car that unreliable that you have been to service centers in three different states within the past month? My model 3 is almost two years old and luckily has never seen the inside of a service center. I hope my luck holds out!

Ouch.
Just ouch.

2) I found out that Tesla currently have a 1-MONTH WAIT for ANY Service appointment. This is UNACCEPTABLE. NO car dealers/manufacturers EVER have a 1-MONTH WAIT for ANY Service appointment.

Yeah, I can confirm 4+ week long wait times BEFORE you get to see anyone at a Tesla SC.
That's the logical, inevitable, and highly unfortunate outcome of successfully selling more and more Tesla's every year (the good) while neglecting to expand the SC capacity inline with increased population of Tesla's on the road (the bad).

Also the reason I would no longer advise anyone to own a Tesla, unless it's a 2nd/3rd/4th car.
:confused:

My van just spent 4 months at a dealer trying to get fixed. [...] Tesla is not any better or worse.. they have to hire from the same small pool of talent that everyone else has to work with then train them up for Tesla specific information. And that takes time.. quite a bit of time if they want them to be worth a damn.

The challenge is not under-staffing in Tesla SC's, it's the slow pace of SC (and certified body shops) capacity expansion to keep up with the increasing population of vehicles that need to be serviced and maintained. Tesla appointment wait times are the worst, by far, within the auto industry.

Your repairs to a hybrid vehicle may have been delayed due to shortage of parts (BTDT with i3), but you didn't have to wait 4 weeks to get your Pacifica Hybrid into a Chrysler dealership, right?!

Tesla, as a company, really needs a competent COO, similar to what Gwynne Shotwell does for SpaceX.
Elon is just not an Ops guy. It's just not his thing. Never has been, never will be.

a