Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla MS screen black after eMMC upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla have upgraded my eMMC chip to the new chip in my 2017 P100D, however, both the main screen and dash screen are still glitching and going black periodically and it takes around 1-2 minutes for my car to “start” when I get in it (very frustrating and not safe in LA to be stranded).

Does anyone know the cause of this? I have tried resetting the screens but to no avail.

Thank you

Bad chip or failed update or too many updates. It sucks that so many variables can complicate a "work in progress". Hopefully we will be laughing at this experimental era in the future. Tesla's are more than worth the growing pains.

Reactions: Zekes
I have a 2014 S P85 and recently got the eMMC memory card upgrade and LTE upgrade, and since then the center main screen is occasionally dead when we get in, and it takes a really long time for it to come back on (we usually try the two-button reset, and then it usually boots up after a few minutes). We scheduled service for it, but service was cancelled by Tesla with explanation that there is a software glitch causing it that will supposedly be fixed in an update someday. We generally don't have any trouble with the instrument cluster screen. Anyway, I'm sure there can be other reasons for main screen acting semi-dead, but that is my related story.

Reactions: Zekes
I'm in a similar boat as Skotty. 2014 S 80. eMMC and LTE upgrade in March. After the "upgrade" there are requent slow boot (1-2 minute), occasional center console slow boot (5 minutes+), and after supercharging for the first time since the upgrade last Sunday, the center console did not boot. After multiple 4-finger reboots and wheel-config reboots, the center console is now on, but the A/C is not working. Tesla Service's suggestion is the $2k infotainment upgrade.

Any suggestions?

I'm in a similar boat as Skotty. 2014 S 80. eMMC and LTE upgrade in March. After the "upgrade" there are requent slow boot (1-2 minute), occasional center console slow boot (5 minutes+), and after supercharging for the first time since the upgrade last Sunday, the center console did not boot. After multiple 4-finger reboots and wheel-config reboots, the center console is now on, but the A/C is not working. Tesla Service's suggestion is the $2k infotainment upgrade.

Any suggestions?
Sorry to hear that. I haven't tried supercharging my S since the upgrade. I have no new news, other than it's still doing it.