Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Music Service (Spotify?) in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even TuneIn sometime stops working in weak signal area. I think they need to upgrade the bandwidth of LTE network as it looks like it is limited (possibly due to cost). I love music so I can't stand if music stops in the middle, I use USB music all the time. Much better audio quality.

I’ve been using Bluetooth with songs on my iPhone for the past year or so. Sometime last year, an update messed up how songs play on USB. This last road trip, I plugged my USB back in for the first time in a long time. I still get error messages when I try to play an album, but it’ll play the song if I use the < and then > back. I still consider the Tesla audio system broken but do work-arounds to get something to play. Yes, Hiroshi, the sound is so much better with USB.

I’ve been using Bluetooth with songs on my iPhone for the past year or so. Sometime last year, an update messed up how songs play on USB. This last road trip, I plugged my USB back in for the first time in a long time. I still get error messages when I try to play an album, but it’ll play the song if I use the < and then > back. I still consider the Tesla audio system broken but do work-arounds to get something to play. Yes, Hiroshi, the sound is so much better with USB.
Comprehensive USB Bug List
This thread has been really useful to understand how the buggy media player is designed and how to avoid those bugs. BertL also created a batch file for dbpoweramp batch converter, which I use to convert my music library for USB stick for Tesla.

It is apparent that the software for USB music is the worst quality software in Tesla but I guess it's still better than others...

• Informative
Reactions: JayInJapan