Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla/Musk Security - Seems To Be Making More and More Enemies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 ish? Not sure if serious, or...

That's not diversification. In fact, I personally wouldn't even put over 10% of my net worth into single stocks in general let alone over that in three or one. Far too risky. That's fine if you want to roll that way but it's a dangerous game.
I did diversify. TSLA was about 10% of my net worth before the big 2020 runup, and my late 2020 divorce. My wife got the house and a chunk of my retirement accounts, and I kept the TSLA at about $400 a share. Granted the house has appreciated a lot since then, but no where near double in value.

I sold off about 30% of my TSLA to diversify. At one point I held over a 160 growth stocks and now I only have a 156 :p. Out of those 156 companies, 121 are down in value. About 60 are down over 50%. I've sold them off as they've dropped in value to buy more TSLA, seeing what a big mistake I made. I would hate to see how poor I would be now if I had kept my TSLA holdings to 10%. If it wasn't for holding so much TSLA I would probably be poorer than my ex-wife. That would really hurt 😅. My invest portfolio is up over 400% in the last two years. That would be hard to beat without living by the sword.

My biggest fear so far has been that Tesla is cooking their books, because I don't trust Elon 100%, but Tesla seems about as transparent of a company to value as it gets, so I haven't been that fearful. Him talking smack to the Russians and helping Ukraine during the war looks to me like he's just putting a big target on his back. No one else on the investment thread seems to be that concerned though. No one on this thread either. They're just concerned I'm not diworsified enough.

I did diversify. TSLA was about 10% of my net worth before the big 2020 runup, and my late 2020 divorce. My wife got the house and a chunk of my retirement accounts, and I kept the TSLA at about $400 a share. Granted the house has appreciated a lot since then, but no where near double in value.

I sold off about 30% of my TSLA to diversify. At one point I held over a 160 growth stocks and now I only have a 156 :p. Out of those 156 companies, 121 are down in value. About 60 are down over 50%. I've sold them off as they've dropped in value to buy more TSLA, seeing what a big mistake I made. I would hate to see how poor I would be now if I had kept my TSLA holdings to 10%. If it wasn't for holding so much TSLA I would probably be poorer than my ex-wife. That would really hurt 😅. My invest portfolio is up over 400% in the last two years. That would be hard to beat without living by the sword.

My biggest fear so far has been that Tesla is cooking their books, because I don't trust Elon 100%, but Tesla seems about as transparent of a company to value as it gets, so I haven't been that fearful. Him talking smack to the Russians and helping Ukraine during the war looks to me like he's just putting a big target on his back. No one else on the investment thread seems to be that concerned though. No one on this thread either. They're just concerned I'm not diworsified enough.
I highly doubt Putin cares about Elon Musk or his tweets. The KGB have much bigger issues at hand.

I sold off about 30% of my TSLA to diversify. At one point I held over a 160 growth stocks and now I only have a 156 :p.

Focusing your portfolio on growth stocks is the opposite diversification.