Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla must not want to actually sell their inventory cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On two separate occasions this week I've requested a call back about two different inventory vehicles. Both times a sales rep emailed me and set a time for a call back, then stood me up. I also can't seem to get in touch with anyone from the used vehicles department via phone or on the website's chat function. Does anyone have any idea how to actually reach the used vehicles department?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
On two separate occasions this week I've requested a call back about two different inventory vehicles. Both times a sales rep emailed me and set a time for a call back, then stood me up. I also can't seem to get in touch with anyone from the used vehicles department via phone or on the website's chat function. Does anyone have any idea how to actually reach the used vehicles department?

Most have been laid off, it's best to go to a Tesla store if you can.

Reactions: jewilson2

Yes. Put down a $2500 deposit.

Seriously. That is the only way they will talk with you about inventory cars.

Typically, you can't reach anyone in any department.

Tesla has flat out the worst corporate communications I've ever seen anywhere in my entire life.

• Love
Reactions: Icer and jeffro01
Any of you looking for inventory cars notice they are listing 2019 versions with 400-800 miles as used instead of new? Wonder if they are back tracking on free supercharging for new inventory cars and the way to do it without being talked about is saying none exist.

Below example
2019 Model X | Tesla

Maybe this was a car returned or traded in after the title was issued? I’m wondering how the 7 day return policy works as far as original owner...it clearly says you cannot return if you applied for any incentives, maybe the customer did that?

Typically, you can't reach anyone in any department.

Tesla has flat out the worst corporate communications I've ever seen anywhere in my entire life.

The only way to deal with tesla seems to be to go to the showroom/service center.
Phone is useless here as well but when you show up in person you get excellent service (at least here in Drammen, Norway).
One of the guys there told me yesterday that they were now so swamped with incoming delivery calls that they had stopped answering them and only contacted the customer outgoing when they had progress.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
The emphasis is on selling and delivering new vehicles by the end of the month. Since used vehicles don't count, it's not surprising Tesla has placed that at a lower priority, at least for the rest of June.

This quarterly push to meet sales/revenue/profitability goals is artificial and has always put a lot of stress on Tesla resources at the end of each quarter. If you're trying to purchase a new vehicle - you can often get extremely rapid response and delivery.

When Musk tried to take the company private, a major reason was to eliminate this artificial push at the end of each quarter to meet Tesla's aggressive growth goals and achieve quarterly profitability.

If you have a nearby store or gallery, that is probably your best strategy for the next week - go to them, ask for their help, and if they can't provide it, see if they can get you in contact with someone who can.

Tesla is going through a difficult transition right now, figuring out how they can more efficiently support an increasing number of vehicle sales each quarter - and that's putting stress on the entire company - especially at the end of each quarter.

Based on how Tesla has operated since the Model S was introduced 7 years ago, I expect them to work this out over time, and get back to providing reasonable support for used vehicle sales, customer support and service.

I've had nothing but a good experience. I got a call back the same day (albeit about 8 hours later) and the salesman sent me a Carfax. Ever since then I've had his email and phone number from his email signature.

I've just contacted him directly for any questions. I can give you his information.

The only way to deal with tesla seems to be to go to the showroom/service center.
Phone is useless here as well but when you show up in person you get excellent service (at least here in Drammen, Norway).
One of the guys there told me yesterday that they were now so swamped with incoming delivery calls that they had stopped answering them and only contacted the customer outgoing when they had progress.

Yeeech. This is flat out no good and has to change. Tesla needs to hire more service people period; otherwise the brand will be trash in a year.