TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Naughty or Nice list?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PRJIM, Dec 18, 2012.

1. PRJIM

PRJIM Member

Being that it is the holiday season I have had a few thoughts cross my mind about Tesla and this forum. A lot of current and future Tesla owners like to broadcast their Vin/Reservation number on this message board. Do you think Tesla actively cross tabs these Reservation/Vin numbers with users comments and creates an internal naughty or nice list? I have heard some stories about how Tesla tracks comments on this board and even talks about hot topics with owners at events. I am just wondering if there is a possibility that Tesla actually documents message board comments for internal tracked QC processes?

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I think the folks at Tesla read the forum (though no one person can keep up with it all), do what they can to take care of unhappy customers (assuming the complaint is fair), and recognize the nature of a forum. I do not think they have built a naughty or nice database. They're already working around the clock!

3. strider

strider Active Member

Not formally but when I've been at Tesla events I've had employees ask me for my TMC nick and recognized my posts. It's always a good idea to type on the Internet as if you're talking directly to the other person but many (myself included) fail at this.

4. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I've had the great pleasure of meeting a handful of people from these boards.

IMHO, Strider's advice works well for building relationships in general.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Does the buying the Perf put you on the nice list (more $ for Tesla) or naughty (for driving fast), or does it purely depend on your economy telemetry data going back to the mother ship? ;)

6. byt

byt Member

I have a P85 and definitely have been naughty! Have to be when showing off what she can do, and you can't feel the speed in that car so be careful!

7. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Not at all. Its fair to say that if Tesla was calculating they should have really taken care of the moderators who ordered Model S. Actual experience is that dsm363 got his early, lots of delays on mine, much worse for AO and IIRC Doug_G finally gets his tomorrow.

#nocorrelation

8. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Cross your fingers!

I'll be one of the first Canadians to get his car, but then again my reservation number is SSL #9. I really don't think my activity here has anything to do with it.

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I've lost the link now but I was reading the other day the GM has a staff of 30 poeple who scan the internet for what people are saying.

I could imagine one full time person at Tesla reading this board and the Tesla article links posted here and reporting a daily digest to GB.

10. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

I don't think it works that way. My experience in speaking to multiple TM employees is that there are many employees (including GB) reading various threads in TMC. It would be difficult for one person to digest everything anyway, because there's technical discussions, customer experience, foreign languages(!) etc. that would make it difficult for everyone to rely on one summary.

I also get the sense that now that everything is humming at full speed, and posts here have increased exponentially, it is much more difficult for employees to spend the time necessary to stay up to date with posts here. I can relate!

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

You mean I could get paid for doing this?!?

12. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

And you would get a direct line to GeorgeB!

13. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

Volker.Berlin would have to turn down the job first. :)