Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Naughty or Nice list?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being that it is the holiday season I have had a few thoughts cross my mind about Tesla and this forum. A lot of current and future Tesla owners like to broadcast their Vin/Reservation number on this message board. Do you think Tesla actively cross tabs these Reservation/Vin numbers with users comments and creates an internal naughty or nice list? I have heard some stories about how Tesla tracks comments on this board and even talks about hot topics with owners at events. I am just wondering if there is a possibility that Tesla actually documents message board comments for internal tracked QC processes?

I think the folks at Tesla read the forum (though no one person can keep up with it all), do what they can to take care of unhappy customers (assuming the complaint is fair), and recognize the nature of a forum. I do not think they have built a naughty or nice database. They're already working around the clock!

Not formally but when I've been at Tesla events I've had employees ask me for my TMC nick and recognized my posts. It's always a good idea to type on the Internet as if you're talking directly to the other person but many (myself included) fail at this.

Do you think Tesla actively cross tabs these Reservation/Vin numbers with users comments and creates an internal naughty or nice list?

Not at all. Its fair to say that if Tesla was calculating they should have really taken care of the moderators who ordered Model S. Actual experience is that dsm363 got his early, lots of delays on mine, much worse for AO and IIRC Doug_G finally gets his tomorrow.

#nocorrelation

I think the folks at Tesla read the forum (though no one person can keep up with it all...

I've lost the link now but I was reading the other day the GM has a staff of 30 poeple who scan the internet for what people are saying.

I could imagine one full time person at Tesla reading this board and the Tesla article links posted here and reporting a daily digest to GB.

I could imagine one full time person at Tesla reading this board and the Tesla article links posted here and reporting a daily digest to GB.

I don't think it works that way. My experience in speaking to multiple TM employees is that there are many employees (including GB) reading various threads in TMC. It would be difficult for one person to digest everything anyway, because there's technical discussions, customer experience, foreign languages(!) etc. that would make it difficult for everyone to rely on one summary.

I also get the sense that now that everything is humming at full speed, and posts here have increased exponentially, it is much more difficult for employees to spend the time necessary to stay up to date with posts here. I can relate!