Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla navigation - missing Superchargers in search?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I was traveling from near Knoxville, TN to Tallahassee, FL. I had stopped at the Supercharger in Acworth, GA. After that, the navigation system wanted to keep me on I-75 to Cordell, GA to charge. I prefer a route to Columbus, GA, then US 27 to Tallahassee.

When I input “Columbus GA Supercharger”, it was not to be found, though it’s worked on prior trips. The list came up with lots of closer Superchargers, followed by a lot of non-Supercharger charging options in Columbus. Similarly, when I input Tallahassee, it just spun and spun saying something like “Looking for Superchargers along route”, but never finding them. I did have excellent cellular signal. Once rolling towards just “Columbus, GA”, it did eventually allow me to find the Columbus Supercharger and I successfully navigated to it and completed the trip.

Is this general intermittent wonkiness a known bug? I don’t recall it happening before, but we’ve only had our M3LR a few months and this is just our third longish road trip.

I have seen the exact same behavior.
When trying to navigate directly to a specific SC, it will not find it. If I use the map to find it and choose to navigate often the displayed name is an exact match for my earlier search.
Happened on Tuesday with Tejon Ranch in CA. Similarly, if I pull up the list of SCs, it doesn’t show those in front of me on the same freeway - but rather listed some in Ohio!