Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla need to show more third party chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GRiLLA

Jul 5, 2020
UK
Now we are opening SuperChargers to the great unwashed, why do we still only see Tesla and Ionity in the car? There are lots of site with multiple ultra fast chargers that I would want to route via now, I found this website that shows only ultrafast hubs that are open or coming

There's plenty of sites I would use there in preference to Tesla e.g. Fastned Motherwell rathe than Abington when heading up the M74. Why shouldn't these be on our maps, and Tesla doing deals to show pricing and availability. Being open needs to rub both ways.

Long overdue.

The basic looks like
Tesla don’t even need to do any deals. Between the fleet we have used all of the ultra rapids so Tesla know where they are. Just add the pins and turn on pre- heating.

The average looks like
The site names, integration for availability and live pricing.

Good?
Do a plug & charge deal with others to bill through your Tesla account. ❤️❤️❤️

Now we are opening SuperChargers to the great unwashed, why do we still only see Tesla and Ionity in the car? There are lots of site with multiple ultra fast chargers that I would want to route via now, I found this website that shows only ultrafast hubs that are open or coming

There's plenty of sites I would use there in preference to Tesla e.g. Fastned Motherwell rathe than Abington when heading up the M74. Why shouldn't these be on our maps, and Tesla doing deals to show pricing and availability. Being open needs to rub both ways.
I pinged Gridserve the other day and asked them if they were talking to Tesla about integrating in to the Nav. I only got their social media PR blah, "great idea we'll pass it on" etc.

I'm not so sure it should be so restrictive. Some places up north are very short of chargers and I would take a 50kW charge over nothing...
I think I would want to use a ZapMap type service before navigating to a single or dual charger that may or may not be working, see if other have charged there recently without issue. I think that you will be beyond a navigation app at that stage.

I think I would want to use a ZapMap type service before navigating to a single or dual charger that may or may not be working, see if other have charged there recently without issue. I think that you will be beyond a navigation app at that stage.
That's why it needs to be properly integrated with the navigation tool to include charger status information to avoid visiting broken chargers

I wonder if this is due to the USA only using superchargers, so 3rd party charger showing is a nice to have feature on their priorities compared to here in Europe where its more useful.
Maybe. It didn't used to really matter here as the public chargers were so generally hopeless, but that's changing now. We need to get out of the SuperCharger bubble and add others to the map. They did it with Ionity, largely for the benefit of people across Europe where it's a credible but expensive network.