TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla needs to be investigated by Trading Standards

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by nowtleft, Apr 16, 2018.

1. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

The referral scheme is a joke. My wheels have not been delivered 5 months after the 3rd referral was delivered and Tesla have constantly lied to me about why they have not been sent and lied to me about them being "on the way".
    George Ells does not respond to messages on LinkdIn and escalation via the My Tesla site brings more lies. I do not believe that Elon or George habe a clue about what is going on in the real World - their heads are in the clouds and it WILL drag Tesla down if better quality senior managers are not employed quickly. I respect Elon but he is NOT the person to be running the day to day stuff at Tesla as he is away with the fairies most of the time.

I now want any other prize winners who feel that the scheme is not managed properly to contact me via this message so I can put a case together for Trading Standards to investigate why Tesla senior executives lie and do not honour the referral scheme.

I know it is only a set of wheels but I have had to threaten TS for both my previous referrals - the scheme is a huge joke and run by people who either drink coffee all day or who are not fit to be employed in a role which needs efficiency and honesty.

If Tesla is serious about the referral scheme it needs to run it MUCH better and not disrespect its customers constantly.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

Anybody can see it's just a pyramid scheme, nothing illegal about it.

• Funny x 1
  3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Never put down to malice what can be explained by incompetence.
    If you just want your stuff, be loud and create a thread specifically for people who haven't received their referral prizes.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

To be clear, I know that you created this thread to complain about it, but I think you're better to have a thread title like "N months. No referral prize" More specific, and more likely to get people in a similar position posting to create a better story that Tesla's propaganda/communications team/person will see and fix/extinguish..

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  5. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

I'm always amazed by how upset people will get over not getting a free thing.

• Like x 13
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
  6. Darren Donovan

They have every right to be upset, if the free things were promised. If you don't intend to give it away, then don't even implement that program.

• Like x 5
  7. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

That "free thing" is worth several thousand in any currency. Feel free to pass any free gifts of a similar nature on towards me in future,.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  8. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

I would like the free thing as well. I live in Ohio and state law bars Tesla from giving me any free things in a vehicle-related referral program, no matter how many referrals I make.

But regardless of the value, it's money you didn't have before — there's no lost cost for you.

• Disagree x 1
  9. patrick40363

patrick40363 Active Member

Start a thread on the Model s forum on the Tesla forum They read the posts and someone will probably email you. Link is below.

Tesla |

10. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

There is - I was told my wheels would be at the service centre this week after 5 months of lies - I had to have 4 nee tyres fitted at £966 when they did not turn up - THAT is money I should not have needed to spend.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

The referral programme is a key part oif Tesla's sales schem and does not cost Tesla much compared to emploting sales people etc. It is a matter of priciple that if a company offers something in writing it should honour it - if they do not then it is cheating and nees sorting out in a court. It is the lies I am told on a regular basis that annoy me most - the people running the EU/UK scheme are either thick ot there really is no intention of honouring the scheme - idiots can be forgiven, cheating cannot!

• Disagree x 2
  12. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Well-Known Member

No good deed goes unpunished.

Hope you get your wheels soon.

• Like x 1
  13. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

Wheels != tires.

Getting a new set of wheels does not help if you actually need tires...

Wheels are rims without tires.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. Asymmetry

Asymmetry Member

First world problems, entitled much?

• Disagree x 4
  15. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

U get wheels with tyres.

16. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

Lets put this another way, if you bought a car and they said they were going to include 2 free services and then refused to honour that, would you be annoyed? They were free.. so you've lost nothing,.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  17. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

OP is perfectly entitled to get mad. Nothing is free. OP worked hard to evangelize and sell Tesla cars to his friends/relatives. It is possible he gave many test drives, answered a lot of questions and his enthusiasm on Tesla products would have been the key catalyst that Tesla sold a few more cars.

Tesla agreed to reward OP with something. And they better do it, on time without the need to be reminded and complained about multiple times.

• Like x 2
  18. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

This is a great example of a very generous freebie going badly wrong. Buy a new Porsche and you'd be lucky to get a baseball cap and coffee cup thrown in for goodwill. But here we have the promise of several thousand pounds worth of wheels in return for a few simple referrals and a guy who wants to drag the company through the courts in order to get them. Tesla would probably be better off closing down the referral scheme altogether if they can't deliver it. It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to their sales and would stop all the bickering and endless forum referral touting. I mean who seriously bought their Tesla on the basis of a referral or the promise of freebies from their own referrals?

19. J1mbo

J1mbo Active Member

I doubt Trading Standards will be interested in this. Maybe the ASA.

20. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

The irony of a Tesla owner calling another Tesla owner entitled is amazing.

• Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1