TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla needs to gamify Autopilot data collection.

Discussion in 'Autonomous Vehicles' started by ratsbew, Apr 3, 2017.

1. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

In order to collect missing data, I think Tesla needs to gamify driving specific routes or intersections to help collect missing data. Give the user points for driving roads that need more data or a bonus point for driving a specific intersection.

There could be prizes for top performing users who collect the most points per month.

2. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I think too many drivers are using AP like a video game already, trying to test its limits instead of using it when appropriate and safe.

I hope nobody makes the discovery that they don't get another life in this game.

• Like x 3
  3. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

I'm thinking about driving intersections manually to train the machine.

• Funny x 1
  4. lunitiks

lunitiks ˭ ˭ ʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽ ʭ ʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼ ˭ ˭

Nissan has gamified "ECO"-driving with the Leaf... I remember the early days, when my wife and I had contests on who "grew" the most "trees" in the dashboard display on certain trips :) Fun. For about 1 week :)

5. croman

croman Active Member

Still fun. You can look up your stats and compare your driving efficiency of inefficiency to the whole world.