Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla NEMA 14-50 Adapter won't plug into NEMA-14-50R (receptacle)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my MS-75 today and brought it home so I can get it charged overnight... I had the NEMA 14-50 receptacle installed by an electrician about a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of today.... Of course, once I get it in my garage and try to connect the UMC to the wall receptacle - except it won't fit! I don't want to force it too much - but am not sure what could be the issue.... It's the right receptacle and the right adapter - but for whatever reason, I can't get it to plug in... Obviously, there's something blocking it - my suspicion is that it's the Ground portion of the receptacle - but not sure. Any ideas on what I can try or what could be wrong? Is it possible that there's something wrong with the receptacle or is there something I am supposed to do - in order to insert the adapter correctly? Any suggestions would be appreciated....

145 miles worth of charge left - more than i need for tomorrow - but now I am getting the so called range-anxiety on my first day... Help!

Thanks

IMG_6565.JPG

Give it a firm push, straight in. If they installed the version of the 14-50R that's used for RVs and other frequent-use applications, sometimes the contacts are pretty snug. That's a good thing; it means you're not going to get burned contacts over time.

Thanks for those who responded...As it turned out, the receptacle had some pins misaligned - had to get a new receptacle and all is fine now... Who would have thought would have to go to a Supercharger 2nd day of my ownership! But all is well now...All charged up with the new receptacle in place.

Another question for this group - where can I get an additional NEMA 14-50 adaptor for MS? I don't see that in the Tesla store... It would be nice if I could leave that plugged in my garage while have a spare in my car for use elsewhere.... Thanks

Another question for this group - where can I get an additional NEMA 14-50 adaptor for MS? I don't see that in the Tesla store... It would be nice if I could leave that plugged in my garage while have a spare in my car for use elsewhere.... Thanks

If you are talking about getting a new UMC so you can keep one in the car, you are likely better off just getting the Wall Charger for the same price and swapping out the 14-50 outlet for the wall charger as it is a little more convenient for a fixed charging location.

If you really just want a replacement 14-50 adapter for your UMC then this is the link you are looking for: Model S/X NEMA Adapters

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and idoco
If you are talking about getting a new UMC so you can keep one in the car, you are likely better off just getting the Wall Charger for the same price and swapping out the 14-50 outlet for the wall charger as it is a little more convenient for a fixed charging location.

If you really just want a replacement 14-50 adapter for your UMC then this is the link you are looking for: Model S/X NEMA Adapters

Got it... That's exactly what I was looking for - the NEMA adapters.... Had not noticed the drop down to see the 14-50... Thanks