Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Neo Gateway not working after new router

husky in LV

Dec 31, 2020
Las Vegas
OP try power cycling

1) disconnect (wait 30 seconds) and reconnect power cable to tesla solar gateway (small black box). A red light on the gateway will indicate no signal.
2) go to your panel and find a 20 amp circuit breaker labeled power blaster. Turn it off, wait 30 seconds and then turn on
3) get back to solar gateway. Within 2-5 mins red light on the Tesla solar gateway indicating no signal should go away
4. wait for 15-30 mins and the tesla app should show flow to and from the grid (data from power blaster). Wait is because data in the TESLA app is not real time. It is delayed by 15+ minutes.

Lamstang94

Feb 25, 2020
Connecticut
Restarted my system and moved my gateway closer to my inverter. Had neighbor turn off his inverter. Noticed the top left light on my power blaster is blinking red. Restarted power blaster and still getting same thing with this screen on the app. Going to call tesla again to see if they can help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210111-140609_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20210111-140609_Tesla.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 33

hughconn

Oct 9, 2013
PA-Pennsylvania
I've got same issue with same gateway. After weeks of unplug, reconnect, etc. they tell me the gateway may be bad and will FEDEX a new one in 6-8 weeks! Although a Tesla fanboy, my experience with solar has been a 1 out of 10. Turnover in LV, no follow-up, emailing me links to videos to troubleshoot by power cycling the gateway, useless! My network sees the device and it has an IP address, but it's not going to Tesla server. I wonder if router is blocking gateway's IP, or port?

bwb1

Apr 21, 2021
Rancho Mirage, CA, USA
I'm dealing with the same "No Signal" issue since January with brand new system. Tesla confirms connection is via my neighbor and all self-help procedures have repeatedly failed. App does depict both production and use, but depicted production is erratic and frequently drops out so that my production totals are greatly understated. I have requested a replacement Neo Gateway and am awaiting a response from Tesla.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC