Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Neurio Device Accuracy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get it going? Mine has worked now for over 24 hrs so I’m thinking if it sticks maybe better instructions with pics. Everyone setup could be a little different however.

Good thing m3solar figure this out if it works for everyone. I have a feeling more are going to need a solution with these new Neurio installs.
Not yet, will wait for my new inverter first. Don’t want to touch the system and then have them blame me it

Reactions: MCNE
Has anyone looked at the Tesla Neurio KWh initial report a little after midnight on the impact tab? It jumps to some arbitrary number that’s fairly large for just a few min into the next day. I didn’t take a screen shot but will tonight and my Home and Grid are reporting correctly at the moment. It’s very strange and impacts the the home usage. Comparing it with the Sense app that I know is accurate.

Reactions: jgleigh
Has anyone looked at the Tesla Neurio KWh initial report a little after midnight on the impact tab? It jumps to some arbitrary number that’s fairly large for just a few min into the next day. I didn’t take a screen shot but will tonight and my Home and Grid are reporting correctly at the moment. It’s very strange and impacts the the home usage. Comparing it with the Sense app that I know is accurate.
I wonder if that’s due to what I’m seeing with nightly data being counted for the next day, which I asked about in the thread linked below.

I haven’t done a deep dive in the data compared to the, seemingly accurate, data in Sense, but it seems that my home usage in Tesla app from about 9pm forward is being counted for the next day. This makes me think that the data is being calculated for Eastern time (I’m in Pacific). Called Tesla support and they said they’d “monitor” my account and contact me back in a few days, whatever that means.

Is there a timezone setting to data being logged in Tesla app?

Reactions: M3Solar
I wonder if that’s due to what I’m seeing with nightly data being counted for the next day, which I asked about in the thread linked below.

I haven’t done a deep dive in the data compared to the, seemingly accurate, data in Sense, but it seems that my home usage in Tesla app from about 9pm forward is being counted for the next day. This makes me think that the data is being calculated for Eastern time (I’m in Pacific). Called Tesla support and they said they’d “monitor” my account and contact me back in a few days, whatever that means.

Is there a timezone setting to data being logged in Tesla app?
That would certainly do it. This looks like another Neurio issue with the device that I’ve noticed for a while but fixing the resetting issues was more of a priority. I’ll take a screen shot for sure next time. If we could only get access to the device config it would answer a lot of questions.

This is the issue I'm seeing to start the new day with the Neurio device. Three to Four minutes into the next day and its already registered 7.6kwh of home usageo_O. I now know that the home data is going to be wrong everyday and is throwing off the monthly totals. Could be a time Zone issue but who knows without Tesla's help with the device configuration info. Wow.

Forgot, Same for the Grid as well!

1620969137130.png
1620969176766.png

Looks like the CT reversal and moving the connections did work for me as well now not doubling the home usage. No more 36 hr reboots needed.

The only thing outstanding is the next day KWh home rollover issue. Not sure what’s causing that one but might send a message to Tesla to see what they say. This would be hard for them to ignore.

Reactions: jgleigh
This is the issue I'm seeing to start the new day with the Neurio device. Three to Four minutes into the next day and its already registered 7.6kwh of home usageo_O. I now know that the home data is going to be wrong everyday and is throwing off the monthly totals. Could be a time Zone issue but who knows without Tesla's help with the device configuration info. Wow.

Forgot, Same for the Grid as well!

View attachment 662190 View attachment 662191
So Tesla called me based on the ticket that was opened with this problem. While I certainly do appreciate them getting back to me in 4 days the answer was not very viable.

To make it short and to the point, I was told that everything looked fine. The data isn’t going to be accurate with my utility and that the timing (mid-night) could possibly be related to my ISP doing a reset (yeah no!). I politely just dropped it and stated I have another solution that was in fact accurate and thanked them for the return call. This support has no where to go but up.

• Informative
Reactions: DesertSilver
So Tesla called me based on the ticket that was opened with this problem. While I certainly do appreciate them getting back to me in 4 days the answer was not very viable.

To make it short and to the point, I was told that everything looked fine. The data isn’t going to be accurate with my utility and that the timing (mid-night) could possibly be related to my ISP doing a reset (yeah no!). I politely just dropped it and stated I have another solution that was in fact accurate and thanked them for the return call. This support has no where to go but up.
Elon should hire the people on this forum to do the support

Reactions: StarLog
I have had issues the past 1.5 years, and my local solar shop is not reliably fixing, just patching.
The issue is the system does not discharge at night. Hardly ever showed charging the PW.
So they changed the Neurio meters twice now, and still no discharging at night.

Tesla support has logged into the PW several times and made changes to the meters, with no real fix.

I have had issues the past 1.5 years, and my local solar shop is not reliably fixing, just patching.
The issue is the system does not discharge at night. Hardly ever showed charging the PW.
So they changed the Neurio meters twice now, and still no discharging at night.

Tesla support has logged into the PW several times and made changes to the meters, with no real fix.
I’m not sure I follow. So is your issues just with the reporting of the PW performance or does it physically not discharge? I think most on this thread do not have PW’s that make the Neurio critical. I thought you didn’t even need a Neurio if you had a PW.

ah or do you mean Neurio inside the PW?

Do you mind sharing a picture of your setup? I couldn’t get it working
I’m out of town returning tomorrow so if there is any daylight remaining I’ll pull the panels and send a couple of pics. My setup is a little different I guess. Two meters and a junction box (Tesla) that splits the power coming out of the revenue meter. I’ll try to number the connections to make it easier to follow.

When I tried rotating one and moving ct2 to ct4, I saw negative number even though it was night time and solar was generating nothing. I tried to rotate the other one also and swapping ct1 and ct4. I asked the tesla tech when he came to replace my inverter and he said he didn’t hear of any issues

The Tesla techs are pretty good but they have admitted that these new devices are giving them install issues with Customers. So if it’s setup per their install what do you see (picture)? Let’s start from there.

That should help but when I got mine working you couldn’t tell which CT went where because of the conduit. My CTs aren’t in my main panel but there aren’t a lot of combos so I just tried them all .