Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Neurio Device Accuracy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
68BFD3DF-62CF-4E1B-8333-33F37F556759.jpeg

This is how mine looks now. I also tried flipping them both 180 degrees.

Ok it looks like you need to turn the second CT over per what stephen503 posted
"CT1: connected to black main in correct orientation CT4: connected to red main in backward orientation"

I took pictures of my setup but it wont help you. The Neurio device connections looks good from a connection perspective. I'm assuming that the left connection is Black and the Right is red so flip over the CT on the right then check the APP.

I'm a bit confused by this thread, did you figure out a permanent solution to this issue? Is the trick to connect to CT1 and CT4 and then flip one 180 degrees, if needed? If the fix is that simple, seems hard to believe Tesla support hasn't figured it out yet.

I’d call this a “permanent workaround”, not necessarily a solution that I see Tesla officially supporting or even sharing. This is because the Neurio device is designed to use ports 1 / 2 and/or 3 / 4, not 1 / 4. But not sure if anyone outside of Tesla could pinpoint if the issue, with “correct” installation, is with their inverter or the Neurio device itself.

But yes, the workaround that is working for us is to connect the 2 CT‘s to ports 1 & 4, then flipping one of them 180. For me the CT on the red main is flipped.

I'm a bit confused by this thread, did you figure out a permanent solution to this issue? Is the trick to connect to CT1 and CT4 and then flip one 180 degrees, if needed? If the fix is that simple, seems hard to believe Tesla support hasn't figured it out yet.
What’s hard to believe is that Tesla deployed a product that is obviously broken. They don’t accept that this configuration should even work but it does. Glad this solution was brought to the thread.

Last edited:
I’d call this a “permanent workaround”, not necessarily a solution that I see Tesla officially supporting or even sharing. This is because the Neurio device is designed to use ports 1 / 2 and/or 3 / 4, not 1 / 4. But not sure if anyone outside of Tesla could pinpoint if the issue, with “correct” installation, is with their inverter or the Neurio device itself.

But yes, the workaround that is working for us is to connect the 2 CT‘s to ports 1 & 4, then flipping one of them 180. For me the CT on the red main is flipped.
Thank you for the information! I followed your advice and the app now seems to be reporting my usage correctly. Let me first remind others that if they try this themselves, be very aware this is high powered electricity that you need to be extremely careful with. Don’t mess with the breaker box unless you are comfortable with what you are doing!

I am providing a series of pictures that walk through my process. In the first photo, you can see the app says I am generating 6.2 kW of Solar and consuming 3.9 kW. I know, however, my home typically uses about 1 kW. The second image shows my CT2 disconnected from the Neurio device and not yet connected to CT4. Surprisingly, the app’s home usage skyrocketed to 6.7 kW when I only disconnected CT2 (3rd image). Next, I flip the CT along the x-axis and connect what was previously set to CT2 to CT4 (image 4). The app now shows 1.1 kW consumed by the home and 5.3 kW sent back to the grid (image 5). As a final step, I look at my SDG&E meter, which also shows me sending 5.374 kW back to the grid (the negative number). Works perfect! Crossing my fingers it stays this way.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 141
So now the solar installer has been out 3 more times based on Tesla support. What is happening now is the app does not so the flow properly.
It definitely does not show it draining at night.

So Tesla support told the installer the system was performing as designed, and to call Tesla support to work out the issue on my iPhone app.
The issue now with the app is it is not connecting to the PW.

Anyone have an idea what may be the problem before I call support.?
The Tesla app car side works just fine, it is the PW side not connecting.

I took the antenna and drilled a hole in the gateway and outside box to get the antenna out of the faraday cage environment. Will take a picture in the daylight tomorrow.
That’s a good point because the antenna needs to be outside of those metal boxes. I would think that the distant needs to be pretty far for it not to connect or drop the connection depending on other interference.