Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Never Shipped my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 10/16/20 with a 5-9 week wait.

Delivery date was supposed to be around 12/11

Recieved vin around 12/1

Vin# 8382xx

Had to text and call to get a more concrete delivery date of 12/29

As of today 12/28 i called to confirm and recieved the response: we don't have your car and don't know when it could arrive, it's still sitting in California waiting transport! It needs to come all the way to Charlotte NC in like 2 days!?

So the guy tells me they have the exact same car in NJ they can send instead, gee thanks!

Waiting for new vin to get matched to me

Last edited:

Recieved vin around 12/1

Vin# 8382xx

As of today 12/28 i called to confirm and recieved the response: we don't have your car and don't know when it could arrive, it's still sitting in California waiting transport! It needs to come all the way to Charlotte NC in like 2 days!?

So the guy tells me they have the exact same car in NJ they can send instead, gee thanks!

Interesting. My car is in NJ as well, since Saturday. I need it to just go across the bridge(s) to Philly and I can get delivery, but that seems to be the hardest part in all of this. I hope they can get you a car south in time for end of year!

Interesting. My car is in NJ as well, since Saturday. I need it to just go across the bridge(s) to Philly and I can get delivery, but that seems to be the hardest part in all of this. I hope they can get you a car south in time for end of year!
A bunch of us in the mid Atlantic are having this issue. My car is sitting in NJ rail yard waiting transport down to Maryland. They moved my delivery appointment to Wednesday vs tomorrow. I bet Tesla will miss some delivery’s due to delays. If they’re having these kinda issues with only 3 days left in the year it’s going to be some upset people. Supposedly my car should arrive in Rockville md tomorrow after 6pm so I’m assuming yours should be moving as well going to philly. Now for the person getting a car from NJ to NC,in that time frame, I’m hoping they can make it. But I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Now you could possibly drive to NJ and grab it. But that’s a lot to ask for a customer to do, when it’s Tesla fault. This is the point I was making before, Tesla gets away with this stuff because they’re the only thing going right now. Once others come in, people won’t forget how they were treated. I hope we all get our cars on time. I mean, I’m way pass my estimate delivery time frame by 3 weeks. At this point, I had my vin 13-14 days I think. I really wish I could work for Tesla and help them with their customer service and logistics. It’s really a mess and needs to be improved dramatically. Specially at these price point.

Reactions: Y@Trox

Recieved vin around 12/1

Vin# 8382xx

Nearly exact same situation. All fixed now. Definitely was frustrating.

Well it's finally in my possession, at least i got the upgraded headlights :cool:

Attachments

• 20210105_152941.jpg
    20210105_152941.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Y@Trox