Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - new owners event at delivery center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Last week we got an email for a Tesla new owners event at the Fremont Delivery center.
We were not going to go, since we already own a Model X. But we were glad we did. Here are a few pictures

Lots of people. Get their early if you don't want to stand for the presentation.
tesla-crowd.jpg

Started with a 15-20 minute presentation about how the cars work.
tesla-presentation.jpg

You could buy chargers and other Tesla swag
Tesla-swag.jpg

They had reps there to double check your orders and make sure everything was correct.
tesla-order-check.jpg

They had a 3 models available for you to play with and climb around. I have never heard so many adults acting like 8 year olds playing with toys!
Tesla-delivery-bay.jpg

Should I be concerned I haven't gotten an invite to the 'New Owners Orientation' since I'm picking up in Fremont? Ordered 10/9

what did you order? seems like they pushed a bunch of stealth performance models into the line late last month/early this month. maybe the other models are coming later. lots of people are getting their stealths right now.

Ordered the P3D+, so maybe I gots to wait till the litteral end of the year to pick up my car :(

could be... but i'm sure they will prioritize the more expensive cars for delivery by the end of quarter. it seems like when they finish a batch there are an enormous number of cars being shipped out.

my new delivery time overlaps the next new owners' workshop and i can see that it's going to be a madhouse in there. the workshop is full but maybe they'd let me watch part of it at least.

Should I be concerned I haven't gotten an invite to the 'New Owners Orientation' since I'm picking up in Fremont? Ordered 10/9

Maybe next weekend? They sent out the invite 3-2 days (Wed/Thursday) before the event(Saturday) and gave you until Friday by 5 to confirm.

Strange thing we are not even picking up in Fremont. We specified pickup in Dublin.

could be... but i'm sure they will prioritize the more expensive cars for delivery by the end of quarter. it seems like when they finish a batch there are an enormous number of cars being shipped out.

my new delivery time overlaps the next new owners' workshop and i can see that it's going to be a madhouse in there. the workshop is full but maybe they'd let me watch part of it at least.

They have no idea who they invited. And the presentation is just in the area behind the main entrance. So just walk over.

This looks like the one I went to in Carlsbad. A few hundred people there for one of the weekend events, and it gave you perspective of just how many people are waiting for cars. Someone in another thread said their rep told them that priority scheduling was being done for the orders that came to the orientation. Not sure if that is true, but they did say at the orientation that your time to ask questions and spend time with reps was there at the orientation, not during delivery.

This looks like the one I went to in Carlsbad. A few hundred people there for one of the weekend events, and it gave you perspective of just how many people are waiting for cars. Someone in another thread said their rep told them that priority scheduling was being done for the orders that came to the orientation. Not sure if that is true, but they did say at the orientation that your time to ask questions and spend time with reps was there at the orientation, not during delivery.

Good point about asking questions during orientation instead of delivery. I failed to mention that while they said they would spend as much time as you felt necessary with you at delivery, the expected delivery time was 15 minutes or less.

@jboy210 thanks for the photos. I read someone else’s post about an owner workshop but no photos. What this shows to me is that they are making some positive changes to delivery process.

Some prior suggestions for Tesla delivery included people getting some instruction prior to delivery (they figure not everyone will watch the videos on their own or read the manual) so this kind of addresses that issue. If your delivery location has Tesla Volunteer Owners there, definitely seek them out if you have questions or need help with something like setting up your phone charging with Tesla’s cables.

Many new owners expressed not being aware they needed certain things, like adapters not included with their Mobile Charging kit, phone cables, etc., and depending on online store delivery times, could be a long wait. Having an inventory of these items to take home is a huge plus and convenience for new owners.

While Model 3 are everywhere it seems, not everyone may have had much time with one. Having cars on display to sit in I’m sure is appreciated by many.

All good things to see being done. I read that Tesla is restructuring their sales-to-delivery process so you have one rep to work with. I think this will be a positive thing for many too. Also wondering how their new software (business related, not car-specific related) will improve things. With the volume of cars being produced these are very needed improvements.

And yes, you are never too old to enjoy a new “toy” like your new Tesla. And best thing is I’m still enjoying the feeling. Looking forward to my HW2.5 to 3 hardware and FSD updates. Hope everyone waiting this year has a great delivery.

Last edited: