TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Tesla = New VW Beetle?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Doogue, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Doogue

Doogue Member

Apr 2, 2012
    New York, NY
    Anyone else used to yell out "Beetle" whenever you saw a VW Bug back in the 70s? I find myself with a similar reaction when I see a Tesla.

Also, I love the wave from fellow Tesla drivers when we pass each other. I was on 101 heading north on Wednesday at around 6pm and a guy pulled up in a black performance (just like mine - pic attached) and we exchanged waves. That's is a pretty cool thing.

Keep up the waves, Tesla owners!

photo (1) 13-58-32.JPG
  2. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

Aug 8, 2012
    YEG <-> PSP
    I've been getting the occasional "thumbs" up from people driving on the freeway.
    One Audi TT roadster owner actually followed me to a parking lot and had lots of questions.
    Police car: officer rolled down his window while driving beside me probably to listen for engine noise. Good thing he only smiled and didn't pull me over when I sped away.
    Also had cars with passengers taking photos a few times. ( didn't see my car on the Random Sightings thread though)

Ya it's a bit of a strange feeling.. and I did have a 1972 Super Beetle :smile:

BTW, nice car
  3. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

Jan 18, 2013
    Simi Valley, CA
    ehhhh not really i yell out any nice car i see
  4. rabar10

rabar10 FFE until Model 3

Dec 3, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It was "Slug Bug" when I was a kid, a variation on this: Punch buggy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure what the Tesla or Model S analogue would be... S Slap? Tesla Poke?