TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla new wall connector, manual/config problem?

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by superm1, Aug 3, 2016.

1. superm1

superm1 Member

For setting the dip switches, the wall connector came with both set to up and said this was the "normal" position. (I'm located in CA, USA - single phase power).

They didn't specify what "normal" was, but with position 1 set to down its 240v line to line. Seems to work now with that first pin down, but I wonder, why is it set up like this and is the manual incorrect?

2. miimura

miimura Active Member

I can see how that page is a little confusing. The normal setting is for Position 2 and UP is the only valid setting. Position 1 is for 240VAC L-L split phase vs. 277VAC L-N Wye.

NewWCdip.jpg

I think pivoting the table so that the Up/Down settings were on the rows and the DIP positions were on the columns would be less confusing.