Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Newbie- Charge loss rate in low temps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a 90d since sept, and have a slightly atypical charging situation. I live in Jersey City, NJ, and do not have (easy) access to any charging in my high-rise apartment building, so I typically charge my car at the RT-17 supercharger 20 miles away, which is on my to my typical upstate NY driving destinations.. I will not be using my car for the next 2 weeks, and the temperature has started to drop quite a bit. I have 134 miles of range in the car right now, and will be physically out of town for the next 10 days...

Should I err on the side of caution and go charge the car now, or will it retain 50 miles of range over the next 10 days with winter weather finally here? I realize no one can easily give an exact answer, but I'm curious if anyone has specific experience leaving the car unattended and uncharged for over a week in winter time?

You'll be cutting it close in winter, I would charge more before you leave. Also turn off always connected, and resist the temptation to check your car remotely-- that wakes it up and the systems will use more power until it goes back into a deep sleep.