Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla no longer including mobile charger bundle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just goes to show how lucky we are. Unlike most manufacturers, who charge an "Australia tax" on cars and options, for Tesla's we get them cheaper then their home country!

Haven't done the numbers recently, but I was telling people when the Model 3 was AU$59,990 (inc GST!) recently that it was actually the cheapest place in the world to buy one. But also to be fair, Korean and Japaense cars are extremely cheap in Australia compared to Europe, and comparable to the US once you factor in taxes. Its only so called luxury manufacturers that seem to add the Australia tax (hello Porsche, BMW, Merc?), which is why I am amazed they still sell so well, and no crazy cheap leases like the US.

Plenty of cheap leases with cheap interest rates.
The other difference is that to keep their 'brand' we often don't get low-spec models that they get in the US.

Yes, definately we don't get full stripped models (Toyota Klugers with NA 4cyl engines etc).

In reference to lease deals, I am talking about manufacturer leases that appear to have no bearing on the RRP price of the vehicle. They will sometimes offer a $40,000 car with a $299 a month lease over 3 years with $1000 deposit.

There is not doubt about it though, Porches are crazy expensive in Australia, specificaly the sports models, and the LCT doesn't account for it.

Yes, definately we don't get full stripped models (Toyota Klugers with NA 4cyl engines etc).

In reference to lease deals, I am talking about manufacturer leases that appear to have no bearing on the RRP price of the vehicle. They will sometimes offer a $40,000 car with a $299 a month lease over 3 years with $1000 deposit.

There is not doubt about it though, Porches are crazy expensive in Australia, specificaly the sports models, and the LCT doesn't account for it.

Agreed. Especially their new Ev, the base model is well over 130k and has performance on par with the LR. So strange.

Also as far as tesla is considered in relation to the states, we still have incentives running, while most states in US have dried up. AU/NZ is a great place to buy a tesla

Design Studio hints the Tesla Mobile Connector is no longer included with new vehicles

Can any recent deliveries shed light if they got a charger included? I would hate to lose the bundle in the M3 on order.
Ordered my M3 LR the first week of March before the announcement the mobile chargers would no longer be included. Reports were unclear about what would happen to those with orders like mine already in progress.

The car was delivered June 2 and the charger was included.

Ordered my M3 LR the first week of March before the announcement the mobile chargers would no longer be included. Reports were unclear about what would happen to those with orders like mine already in progress.

What? How? I also ordered a LR in the first week of March ( 01 March). My delivery is scheduled for Aug- Oct

What? How? I also ordered a LR in the first week of March ( 01 March). My delivery is scheduled for Aug- Oct
Fjohn1 is based in the USA. That is how they got their Model 3 'early'.
Although this was posted in an Australian sub forum it is not always clear that you are replying to a location specific question.
So the question/topic should probably be renamed 'Has anyone in Australia received the UMC with an order date after Elon's announcement of mobile chargers?'

Reactions: kpdog