Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla no longer selling Powerwall without solar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what they say now. May not be a permanent change, in typical Tesla style. PW orders are backlogged 6 months or more so I could see the them trying to reduce demand.

2542D7BC-BDF3-49AF-9B1E-78C2C4284F06.jpeg

This is what they say now. May not be a permanent change, in typical Tesla style. PW orders are backlogged 6 months or more so I could see the them trying to reduce demand.
That would be my guess, but who knows how long the rule will be in place. It may also be possible to place an order with a third party installer, but that will also be back-ordered and more expensive.

It might be possible to call Tesla and explain the situation. Depending on how you came into possession of the PW (I'm thinking particularly if you earned it as a reward, rather than buying it from somebody else) they might accommodate those circumstances. I would also wonder how they would handle existing solar customers who want to add PWs or add additional PWs as that was certainly something people expected to be able to do.

Up for sale it goes, I'll just add more solar, the grid out here is super stable anyway.
I had a chance to purchase 2 more PW's for like 20K. I am actually happy it did not happen. Meaning, for the 20K, I am looking at putting a lot more solar on my house which gives me, I believe, lots more return on my money, and I hope some money left in my pocket. :)

I placed an order two weeks ago (adding 2 Powerwalls to existing solar PV) with the $100 deposit and submitted the photos they requested. I wonder if Tesla will be fulfilling existing orders or if they will be cancelled.