Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla no longer uncorking vehicles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I just bought a late 2016 Model S 75D. I read about having the possibility of having the vehicle uncorked.

I talked to a tesla rep about this and they said they no longer have the ability to uncork vehicles. Is this true or just push back. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you in advanced

When I tried to uncork my previously-owned 2016 75D I was told that they had completed a service campaign to proactively uncork all eligible vehicles. Mine was not eligible because of the battery. I believe because it didn't have the proper pyro fuse.

Do get some clarity though because some reps were confused by the "uncorking" verbiage and thought I was talking about something else entirely.

Upvote 0
When I tried to uncork my previously-owned 2016 75D I was told that they had completed a service campaign to proactively uncork all eligible vehicles. Mine was not eligible because of the battery. I believe because it didn't have the proper pyro fuse.

Do get some clarity though because some reps were confused by the "uncorking" verbiage and thought I was talking about something else entirely.
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I will check with the service center. Though reading through some relates threads on here, it seems it will be a hassle.

Upvote 0
Had my 2016.5 75D uncorked at the Burbank, CA Tesla SC. They charged me $84 which I figured was better than going else where and fighting for the uncorking like others had to do. The invoice says “Correction: Update Configuration Variables And Vehicle Firmware to Increase 75D Performance.” The first person I spoke with there had no idea what uncorking was. Be prepared to get that a lot.

Upvote 0
I had my 2016 75D uncorked by Tesla a few years ago. Free at SC. Real increase in the performance of an already impressive car. Mine is the first month with the new nose, that was what we called refresh design. So AP1, MCU 1. They say 0-60 in 4.2, but i remember reading an owner who clocked it at 3.9.

Upvote 0
I have a Sept 2016 MS 75D and was initially told it was eligible but 3 failed attempts later, I was told it didn’t have the right battery “shunt”. That was over a year ago.

In the back of my mind, I’m still skeptical and think I just haven’t had the right person. I guess I should try again bc eventually nobody will know what I’m asking about.

Upvote 0
Update: They uncorked it at the service center with no pushback or issues. The car feels completely different.

The person who told me they lost the ability to uncork vehicles was a sales rep and a lot of the staff may not even be familiar with the process. Just talk to the people within service and they will know what you mean. Thanks all.

Reactions: Amstel44
Upvote 0
Update: They uncorked it at the service center with no pushback or issues. The car feels completely different.

The person who told me they lost the ability to uncork vehicles was a sales rep and a lot of the staff may not even be familiar with the process. Just talk to the people within service and they will know what you mean. Thanks all.
Lesson learned....never believe a sales rep as they know nothing and clearly make stuff up (aka BS)!

Congratulations on your performance upgrade at a cost of zero? July of 2017 was the tipping point for me to seriously consider the purchase of a Model S when Tesla announced that the 75D 0-60 times would drop to 4.2 Seconds, matching the time of the P85. I fortunately dragged my feet a little longer into August when they added AP2.5.

Upvote 0
After having my 9/16 75D for nearly 2 years, the 4th try was the charm. Sent my car to the SC to get a recall item checked (hood latch), and to fix a door handle plus replace a headlight with burned out DRL (thankfully covered on my soon-to-expire used car warranty that I didn't even know I had until Tesla recently updated the phone app showing it), and for kicks I decided to throw in yet another request for uncorking...but this time, I did more more homework in the TMC threads which helped me come up with the following wording which I used under "Something Else" in the app's Service section:

"Would like to confirm whether vehicle is now eligible for uncorking (aka BP02 - Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration - SI-17-00-005); I understand this involves an update to the performance configuration variable (from P3 to P1?) , then re-issuance of the firmware for the configuration to take)."

Apparently, this was the "opensaysme" I needed to finally get uncorked after all this time. Noticed the difference immediately when I saw the power gauge peg all the way to 300. The car feels like it's a thousand pounds lighter. I'm in love all over again! Thanks to everything willing to take their time to share valuable information in these threads!

Upvote 0
After having my 9/16 75D for nearly 2 years, the 4th try was the charm. Sent my car to the SC to get a recall item checked (hood latch), and to fix a door handle plus replace a headlight with burned out DRL (thankfully covered on my soon-to-expire used car warranty that I didn't even know I had until Tesla recently updated the phone app showing it), and for kicks I decided to throw in yet another request for uncorking...but this time, I did more more homework in the TMC threads which helped me come up with the following wording which I used under "Something Else" in the app's Service section:

"Would like to confirm whether vehicle is now eligible for uncorking (aka BP02 - Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration - SI-17-00-005); I understand this involves an update to the performance configuration variable (from P3 to P1?) , then re-issuance of the firmware for the configuration to take)."

Apparently, this was the "opensaysme" I needed to finally get uncorked after all this time. Noticed the difference immediately when I saw the power gauge peg all the way to 300. The car feels like it's a thousand pounds lighter. I'm in love all over again! Thanks to everything willing to take their time to share valuable information in these threads!
Good for you! My 2019 pre-raven MS was uncorked about a year after I got it - made a noticeable difference too!

Reactions: Amstel44
Upvote 0

I can also confirm this. 8/16 60D upgraded to 75D. I didn’t have any current issues with the car so making a service appt was a challenge. The app would scan my request and wouldn’t let me set up an appt. I then called the 1-888 Tesla number (google Tesla contact number) and got through to someone. He listened and booked an appt for me for the next day. At the SC I explained the last three years of trying to get this resolved, I included the BP02 this time, and that was the trick. The Pfig was done 3 years prior and it was noted in my car config that it was uncorked but it wasn’t completely done. They requested new code from Tesla and installed it the next day in a matter of minutes. And it certainly makes a difference.

This journey only came back to life because a service tech came to my house recently to change a taillight and I asked him to look up my cars config and explained it just never seemed right in terms acceleration. He confirmed the Pconfig was don’t but the BP02 wasn’t.

Upvote 0