TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Non-owner - August 2017 reservation - Reday to configure

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by avarkey, Jun 27, 2018.

1. avarkey

avarkey Member

I am non Tesla owner. My second reservation made in August 2017 is ready for configuration. I think whoever has reservation might be able to configure now. Check your the reservation status.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Holy cow, you're right - we added a second reservation in May and just checked to see I can now 'begin designing' !

3. Need

Need Active Member

Well I am an owner, but I just put in my first reservation on 6/24/18. I am now ready to design! :p Is this like the fastest from $1000 deposit to ready to design?? :p

• Like x 1
  4. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

So the rumors must be true of letting folks get under the 7/1 deadline and also build up a chunk of $ in reserve for Tesla

• Like x 1
  5. Rytis

Rytis Member

Well, not quite everyone, US/CA only :)

6. Bays

Bays Member

What are your estimated delivery dates?

7. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Aug-Oct so I figure Oct-Dec ? :)

8. Need

Need Active Member

Did you ordered the Performance version? I thought everyone was at Sept-Nov except for the P orders.

9. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

10. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

More proof this is a move to push Performance out the door first. Don't argue with the business logic.

11. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Agree completely, higher margins == more $$ of course and opening all the reservations is more of the same

BTW if you look at some other threads, getting a 20" wheel means a modified upper suspension bit which comes with the car when you buy the 20 wheel package on the tesla online store so that makes me believe that getting a performance with just 18s means deciding on 20s after you have it entails the same service work... Personally my preference is the 19" sports but currently not an option ... I'll live, will deal with swapping off the 18s later..