Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Non-Refundable Order Fee Increased to $250

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many of you that have ordered at $100 had that $100 fee applied to the purchase price and balance of the vehicle at pick up?
Doesn't that $100 deposit automatically apply upon ordering?

If you go to the "completed tasks" section of your account and then expand the "show details" section, it should show an itemization of your price details and order deposit (under the "Payments Received" section) as a credit against your total cost of vehicle.

If you go to the "completed tasks" section of your account and then expand the "show details" section, it should show an itemization of your price details and order deposit (under the "Payments Received" section) as a credit against your total cost of vehicle.

Good to know. I've read stories here that the fee was just that, and it didn't get credited to the balance.

Shhhhhh. Don't give them any ideas.
Further price increases are inevitable at this point for the MYLR. That said, I wonder at what point of price increases for the MYLR will trigger price increases for the MYP. I can't imagine Tesla allowing for just a few thousand $'s gap between the MYLR and MYP prices... has to ultimately be some material price discrepancy to separate/differentiate the two car levels.

How many of you that have ordered at $100 had that $100 fee applied to the purchase price and balance of the vehicle at pick up?

Exactly. It's credited back when you actually settle up and complete your purchase.

1629473913286.png

Edit: Also note that this "Order Fee" is actually added to the price of your car at purchase. Added and paid with your CC. So the car price is not discounted the $100. It's an order fee that was already paid and that is the "Deposit".

Last edited:
Reactions: mrfeb14 and ZilWin