Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Norway Event (Oslo March 6th)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess Tesla loves Norway. :smile: I have just been invited to an evening with Elon at Tesla´s center in Oslo, Wednesday March 6. Curious about new information about Tesla´s plan for Norway. Superchargers coming soon ????

I guess Tesla loves Norway. :smile: I have just been invited to an evening with Elon at Tesla´s center in Oslo, Wednesday March 6. Curious about new information about Tesla´s plan for Norway. Superchargers coming soon ????

I read that Tesla is going to realize a Supercharger network in Europe within this year. Please inform us on TMC if Elon will say something on this matter.

I was invited to a reception at the US Ambassadors Villa on the 6th if March, in honour of Tesla and Musk's visit. I'm definatly attending! Not every day I get invited to the US Ambassador :)
By the way his name is Barry White.

I was invited to a reception at the US Ambassadors Villa on the 6th if March, in honour of Tesla and Musk's visit. I'm definatly attending! Not every day I get invited to the US Ambassador :)
By the way his name is Barry White.

Barry White? That's a hoot, Johan.

On the other hand, be advised that the security at the US Embassy will be no-joke, capital-'S' serious. Have a good time, and give us a report!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. Lets get it on and promote Tesla.

Well played, sir!

I think it's great that Tesla has this special treat for little Norway. However, some of us reservation holders - myself included, are a bit disappointed that we did not get an invite.... Would have loved to take part in a celebration of this great car - and Tesla as a company. Having waited since May 2009, this feels a bit like a child not allowed to play with the other kids :crying:

But Barry lives just up the road, so perhaps I should test that embassy security? Or perhaps not...

I think it's great that Tesla has this special treat for little Norway. However, some of us reservation holders - myself included, are a bit disappointed that we did not get an invite.... Would have loved to take part in a celebration of this great car - and Tesla as a company. Having waited since May 2009, this feels a bit like a child not allowed to play with the other kids :crying:

But Barry lives just up the road, so perhaps I should test that embassy security? Or perhaps not...

who says all invites are out, might still happen?

In the US we have a saying: the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Reach out to someone at Tesla and ask for an invitation. Be enthusiastic and polite (we also say: You catch more flies with honey than vinegar). :biggrin:

I got the invite, but can't attend :( so all of you other guys have to show up and ask all the questions I was gonna ask! I'm in Oslo the whole week after the 6th, so missed the meet by a few days, but getting to do a testdrive on the 15th kind of makes up for it. :)

The invitation reads:

The Ambassador of the United States of America
Barry B. White and Mrs. Eleanor G. White
together with the
U.S. Commercial Service
request the pleasure of the company of you and a guest at a reception in honor of
Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk’s visit to Norway
Wednesday, the sixth of March
five to seven o’clock in the evening
Business Attire Venue: U.S. Ambassador’s Residence
R.S.V.P. by February 28th (please include the name of your guest)

Please bring a copy of this invitation and photo identification.
This invitation is non-transferable without prior consent from the Embassy.

Larry

In the US we have a saying: the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Reach out to someone at Tesla and ask for an invitation. Be enthusiastic and polite (we also say: You catch more flies with honey than vinegar). :biggrin:

After sending them an email, I got a phone call from Tesla today. Turned out I did not get any updates from Tesla even if I had the correct settings on my "my tesla" account. It was a technical issue. Now I'm allowed to come out and play with the other kids after all. :biggrin: