Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Not Charging For Supercharging, Even Though They Should?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped at a supercharger a couple of weeks back to charge my car. It said my total dollar amount I should pay was $4.73, but I still haven't been charged.... It doesn't show up on my tesla.com account at all, but it still shows up on my screen in my car when I am charging. I've charged before at a different location and been charged the amount to my credit card as soon as I was done charging.

Has anyone else ever gotten seemingly free charging when you shouldn't have?

First, make sure that the charge you see is actually at the Supercharger that you charged at. I just had a couple of situations where chargers were set at free, but I thought that it was the last chargers, where in reality it was the charger before.

Feel free to complain

They have had such a hard time updating profile for all the cars that are eligible for free 6 month or free lifetime supercharging, I suspect that they may have just suspended any charges for Model 3s (particularly Ps... is that what you have?) until they sort it out.

For example, I'm eligible for free, have been assured for months that "there's a case submitted", yet my profile still shows paid supercharging. Many others in same boat.

It is beyond me that this is so hard, but it seems to be.

• Informative
Reactions: Santa Claws
I used the Tesla Supercharger at Qualcomm in Mira Mesa, CA over the weekend. It was a slow charge at something like 30 kWh so it took longer than usual.

But I did not get charged. It didn't even register on my car that I charged there. Does anyone know if that is normal for that location? Free for original M3 LR owners?

They have had such a hard time updating profile for all the cars that are eligible for free 6 month or free lifetime supercharging, I suspect that they may have just suspended any charges for Model 3s (particularly Ps... is that what you have?) until they sort it out.

For example, I'm eligible for free, have been assured for months that "there's a case submitted", yet my profile still shows paid supercharging. Many others in same boat.

It is beyond me that this is so hard, but it seems to be.
3P owner here.. I had the fortune of charging back every single Tesla supercharging session with my credit card company, and this seems to have motivated Tesla to "resolve my issue" a little more quickly.

Reactions: Pkmmte
What do you mean charging back? Disputing?
Yes. Unfortunately, in my case, it had to be done. It wouldn't make any sense to dispute these charges later on, and really, Tesla had gone silent on the issue. I had several e-mails from Freemont reassuring me that the issue would be resolved, and that all charges would be credited back to my card. However, after quite a long while, I had just about had enough, and took matters into my own hands. Whether or not things have improved in the last two months, I cannot be sure. However, I rarely use the network anymore, but when I do, I am not charged at all. It doesn't look like Tesla after countered my chargebacks, and all is now well. I wish there had been some other way to resolve the issue, but if you're not getting charged at all from the getgo, consider yourself lucky, I'd say!

Reactions: ebmcs03
Suspect they are having issues with the whole system.
On a recent trip utilizing Superchargers, charges were made and appeared on my credit card, but halfway into my trip, my charge rate was limited (only car there) for two consecutive (different locations). Tried to contact Tesla, but was in hurry to get home. So had spouse who was at home call and she was told there was no card on file on 'My Tesla' page.
Checked page and there it was. Tried switching to another card - thought there may be a glitch - still, they said - 'no card' - but there it was on the page.
Wound up getting back late, missed a concert. Next day dealt with Tesla - said it was fixed, but still didn't see charges for almost a week.

M3 LR (electrically) charged at Kettleman City (2x), Glendale Galleria (3x) and Los Gatos (1x) within the last two weeks. Each time the session details (price and location) were displayed on my screen but have not shown up on my Tesla account or credit card. Actually the last charge at Los Gatos was for a dollar and change (just to test the new stations and see if I would get charged) but then reset to $0.00 just before I drove off.

Not complaining really... just noting a point of fact.

• Informative
Reactions: TravMor
I've emailed my local shop, emailed service@tesla and opened a ticket from tesla.com. No results. Time to start issuing chargebacks I guess- i should have free supercharging, but can't get a single damn response to anything I try with this F'd up car company. (still love the car, BTW)