Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla not honoring referral

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What BS. Ugh, they are absolutely killing so much potential goodwill with that crap. They've already spent more man-hours on this than they'd lose by just letting folks in our position realize our referral benefit.

Yeah. Unfortunately I want the car more than anything else right now. So I’m still going to submit to their will and pay a ton of money for an amazing piece of tech so I can show off to people, give them my referral code, and have them suffer losing the equivalent of a $250 gas card.

1st world problems really...

Well it has taken a little bit but everyone I talked with was friendly and helpful and assured me this is not how they do business. I got a call today from the sales manager and he told me my referral is on the way. A bit annoying dealing with this but the all the people I dealt with were pretty great so its all good.

I had an issue as well with the referral program and they heavily resisted fixing it. I ended my mail chain with them by asking them to forward this suggestion to where it may help:

"I would suggest that, since 1500km of superchargers is worth about 50$, it is a very small amount for Tesla to pay in order to make one of their customer happy and feel good about their purchase. Instead, by refusing to correct such a small issue it leaves a bitter taste. The whole point of a referral program is to create a positive aura for your business and by treating it the way you have, it instead creates the opposite. For trying to save a mere 50$, it might end up loosing you sales that would have easily offset this small cost."​

I mean just the time they spent exchanging with me would have paid for it.

It would seem that the employees read Elon’s email about the need to reduce expenses and interpreted it in such a way that they see denying new owners their referral miles over a technicality is a good way to achieve Elon’s goal to cut costs.

Good point but in a corporate bureaucracy common/business sense goes out the window.

I'm making it right myself by deleting payment method till they fix the problem. Not sure when Tesla will cut me off SC. How much is 5K miles worth in $$ ??