Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Now Accepts 3rd Party Leasing on Model 3??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has already been posted. I dug around and could not find it.

I called Tesla today out of curiosity to see if there was any new Model 3 leasing news.

I was informed that as of two weeks ago Tesla is accepting 3rd party leasing on the Model 3.

This is completely different than what I was told at my local Tesla store.

Has anyone heard the same?

If so, this is great news. Well, I guess depending on the leases one can find.

My S is out of extended lease November 21st and I thought I would be stuck in a gap of a few months waiting to Lease a 3.

Yes, our leasing partner Doering Leasing is one of the Tesla approved leasing companies offering Model 3 leases.

For more information, please see: TesLease by Doering
ball park idea on the prices for high mileage lease? was going to fill out the form, but don't want to take a credit hit just to see what the price would be.
i know there are variables that affect the final numbers, but would be nice to know if it is even in my range before going forward.

Reactions: preilly44
ball park idea on the prices for high mileage lease? was going to fill out the form, but don't want to take a credit hit just to see what the price would be.
i know there are variables that affect the final numbers, but would be nice to know if it is even in my range before going forward.

You can fill out the online survey form -- nothing will hit your credit report until you actually fill out a lease application form.

When Adam or Nick from Doering Leasing contacts you, you can talk to them in more detail about ballpark rates before filing the lease application.

I’m interested in a lease as well. I was looking at the web site mentioned and indicates a rough estimate for a lease is between 1.5-2% of the total cost of the vehicle for a 3 year lease without any down payment. So a 60K M3 lease can be anywhere from $900-1200 monthly. No thanks, I’ll pass. I can lease a new Model S 75D from Tesla with approximately $1000 down payment for around $1100 monthly.

I’m interested in a lease as well. I was looking at the web site mentioned and indicates a rough estimate for a lease is between 1.5-2% of the total cost of the vehicle for a 3 year lease without any down payment. So a 60K M3 lease can be anywhere from $900-1200 monthly. No thanks, I’ll pass. I can lease a new Model S 75D from Tesla with approximately $1000 down payment for around $1100 monthly.
Yes, our leasing partner Doering Leasing is one of the Tesla approved leasing companies offering Model 3 leases.

For more information, please see: TesLease by Doering

Just curious, is there any particular advantage to going through TesLease rather than Tesla, other than the Model 3 being already available or leasing a CPO? I was doing some back of the envelope numbers and for a base MS, all equal it seems to be an extra $200 a month to go with TesLease rather than Tesla. And that is using the most favorable numbers for TesLease.

What is 3rd party leasing anyway? Isn’t it just a creative means of a 3rd party buying a car from Tesla and then leasing it to you?

I bet down payment and monthly payments will be high.

Tesla’s entire deal of not leasing Model 3s is getting capital immediately versus an income stream.

Xcelerate does 3rd party leasing for Model 3 as well for Tesla. They specialize in commercial leasing programs and have been doing 3rd party Tesla leasing since 2012 - very experienced.

Details of leasing model:
Must register under a LLC or business name
Open ended lease
$3,500 down payment
High of 62% residual
$995 Acquisition fee

You can call (800) 655-3509 and ask for KJ.

How do they factor in federal and state incentives?

I probably want to buy the car at the end.

So no-go for me is the bait/switch of "we add it to the residual so your payment is lower."

I know that Doering/Teslease will work with you to include any terms/agreement you want. They are very open to writing custom leases, which I don't think many third-party leasing companies are willing to do, who fit everyone into the same "take-it-or-leave-it" box.

But you have to ask them about what you want.

How do they factor in federal and state incentives?

I probably want to buy the car at the end.

So no-go for me is the bait/switch of "we add it to the residual so your payment is lower."

Not sure about everyone else, but Xcelerate doesn't file for the credit so it doesn't impact your residual. The open ended lease allows you to make the decision of purchasing the car at the end easier since its just a simple interest payoff once the term is completed.