Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla now has local sales presence in Perth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has recommenced Perth test drives after a couple of false starts in previous years, although West Aussies owners are happy to take potential owners for a spin it doesn't match being able to have a one on one contact with a Tesla employee, this also reduces the amount of people making an aircraft trip to Melbourne or Sydney just for a one hour look at a vehicle that's intended to reduce emissions ( you'd be surprised how many do this).
The more Tesla vehicles in Western Australia the higher the chance of a permanent service centre and more widespread superchargers, if you know someone keen to have direct contact with Tesla provide them the link-
Tesla opens local sales presence in Perth – Tesla Owners Club Western Australia

Harry is our new local sales guy in perth. He’s also doing all the deliveries now. He’s a great guy.
We also do have a permanent service Center now and Tesla is currently hiring 3 new full time service staff to back James up. Also a little birdy told me perth will be getting a show room in 2020.

Reactions: Techno-phile
Harry is our new local sales guy in perth. He’s also doing all the deliveries now. He’s a great guy.
We also do have a permanent service Center now and Tesla is currently hiring 3 new full time service staff to back James up. Also a little birdy told me perth will be getting a show room in 2020.

I wouldn't call a small industrial shed with panoramic views of Perth's largest Cemetery a permanent service centre, by the way a little birdy also told me Perth was getting a showroom...in April 2016!

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok and Jays200

Yes I have also heard that rumour - the lease has been signed allegedly.
But will it be more than a Service centre, and also have a Supercharger or 3?

Harry has asked for communications ( test drives, sales inquries) only by email until he settles in. haanderson at Tesla dot com.

I wouldn't call a small industrial shed with panoramic views of Perth's largest Cemetery a permanent service centre, by the way a little birdy also told me Perth was getting a showroom...in April 2016!
I'm hearin' ya RRD.

For others that might not be aware, Elon said "OK" to a Perth service centre, showroom and supercharger way back on March 11.

Musk promises Tesla store in W.A. to the delight of enthusiasts | The Driven

As you so aptly the described, 44 Government Road could, at best, be called a temporary service shed and whilst I'm glad Harry is back where he belongs (he delivered our MX in July '17 from the 'salubrious' Autonexus "delivery centre") it would take Tesla 5 mins to add a proper link on their website for test drives in Perth.

And to make you feel even more forgotten, Kurt Schlosser - Country Director, Australia and New Zealand, Tesla, spent at least 6 years being educated here in Perth. Scroll to the bottom of this link

https://au.linkedin.com/in/kurtschlosser