Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla now using deep neural net for auto wipers (2019.40)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
In the release notes for 2019.40, Tesla confirms that it is using their first production deep neural net trained with over 1 million images of rain drops.

75534310_10157757029310912_2265410492031827968_o.jpg

Hopefully we will see this by the end of the month. That leaves December for the feature complete FSD software that has been suggested, but I think highly unlikely.
Although I tend to agree with you regarding the availability of the feature complete FSD what would be interesting is what new beta release FSD features will be available to early adopters by 12/31/19?
Elon never said feature complete FSD would be available to all owners this year.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
I’m not looking forward to another wiper software update.

When Tesla first issued auto wiper capability around the start of 2018, it was terrible. It took a few software updates to make it usable that year, and by the end of the year it worked pretty well.

Around the start of 2019, Tesla issued new auto-wiper software, supposedly with a new, improved algorithm. It was terrible, a big setback in auto wiper performance, and again it took a few software updates this year to become by now usable and perhaps better than 2018.

if the new software is HW3-dependent, owners with earlier configurations will suffer.

I'm encouraged by the suggestion that the wiper software will learn from my experiences. Most of my complaints about automatic wiper function could be improved by an option to adjust the sensitivity to my preferences. Like Kuhz, I drive through a lot of mist, and the current sensing is slower to react than I like.